Sponsored

PP2 Registry

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I talked with Carl Widmann (Chief Engineer for S550 Mustang ) at Mustang Alley in Detroit in August. I asked him about total PP2 production numbers. He said he didn't have hard and fast number, but it was probably in the 1500 - 1700 area.
Wow - 1500-1700 total, through all (3) years of production (2018-2020)? If that is true, then PP2 production really is limited, almost as low a count as the 2015 50th Anniversary (1,964). Probably the 2nd lowest S550 Factory Production count aside from any GT350R’s.

I wonder why total counts have not been released yet?

I’m curious if Kevin Marti has the totals yet.
Sponsored

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Who knows at this point. I’d like to know for sure.

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP2 ; 67 Shelby GT350; 67 Mustang S Code Coupe; 88 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
It's quite conceivable there were no more than 500 to 700 maximum annual builds of the three year reign for the PP2 in combined 301a and 401a packages. I purchased mine in November 2020 with an October 1 build date (9/25/20 invoice date) and when I pulled the trigger on this car I spent all of September 2020 screening PP2 cars from Ford's website and I still retain stickers for about 120 PP2's (in particular 401a equipped ones as that's one of the options I wanted) produced as early as February 2020 and available at dealers all over the U.S. obviously these were unsold and available for sale and they're just crude numbers from this exercise. How many were sold in 2020 I don't know. But it is plausible that production was possibly highest pre-Covid 2019 but 1,500 to 1,700 for a three year stint sounds statistically safe.

We will know as was earlier suggested sooner than later I guess. I'm keeping all of my window stickers lol. Really happy with mine.

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
Wow - 1500-1700 total, through all (3) years of production (2018-2020)? If that is true, then PP2 production really is limited, almost as low a count as the 2015 50th Anniversary (1,964). Probably the 2nd lowest S550 Factory Production count aside from any GT350R’s.

I wonder why total counts have not been released yet?

I’m curious if Kevin Marti has the totals yet.
According to the Marti website, could be a few years before we know from them.

”Marti Reports are currently available for all Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles built in the United States or Canada 1967-2017. Unfortunately, data is not available for vehicle 1966 and earlier. We do have some Ford Original Invoices for 1962 through 1966 Thunderbirds.”
https://www.martiauto.com/itemselection.cfm?item=REP-2&selecteditem=yes

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Lebannon Ford in Ohio had 2 PP2 Mustangs when I bought mine in November of 2019. One was an ingot silver 301A with active exhaust and not much else as I remember. The other was the magnet grey 401A with active exhaust, voice navigation, safe and smart, and the B&O sound.
I wanted the ingot silver 301A for price and simplicity, but I wanted leather, and the B&O sound just a little more.

Sponsored

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
I think the added price of the LEVEL 2 option kept a lot of dealers from ordering them, just to sit on their lot and compete with the lower priced Level 1 and GT....so that helped to keep production numbers pretty low.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
There was a third Mustang that interested me at Lebennan Ford. It was a 301A PP1 with Magnaride and the automatic transmission with active exhaust. I thought about getting that one and having the Ford Performance Magnaride lowering springs and sway bars installed to get me to or past the PP2 level of handling. It would have been a great car, but it way past the price of the 401A PP2.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's quite conceivable there were no more than 500 to 700 maximum annual builds of the three year reign for the PP2 in combined 301a and 401a packages. I purchased mine in November 2020 with an October 1 build date (9/25/20 invoice date) and when I pulled the trigger on this car I spent all of September 2020 screening PP2 cars from Ford's website and I still retain stickers for about 120 PP2's (in particular 401a equipped ones as that's one of the options I wanted) produced as early as February 2020 and available at dealers all over the U.S. obviously these were unsold and available for sale and they're just crude numbers from this exercise. How many were sold in 2020 I don't know. But it is plausible that production was possibly highest pre-Covid 2019 but 1,500 to 1,700 for a three year stint sounds statistically safe.

We will know as was earlier suggested sooner than later I guess. I'm keeping all of my window stickers lol. Really happy with mine.
That's cool that you saved (120) PP2 window stickers! PDF format? Saved file name the VIN # by chance? US only stickers?

Definitely hold on to those if you can....

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP2 ; 67 Shelby GT350; 67 Mustang S Code Coupe; 88 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
That's cool that you saved (120) PP2 window stickers! PDF format? Saved file name the VIN # by chance? US only stickers?

Definitely hold on to those if you can....
Yes, I have .pdf file and a hard copy file. Far from being complete listing but it's something.. From that data I created a spreadsheet for my own intentions because I was buying a PP2 and I wanted Race Red and Recaro leather with the 401a package. I must've spent 40 to 50 hours or more collectively just using the filters from Ford's website. What's more I have a fair amount of similar data using the same process for the GT 350R and the GT500 with carbon fiber and high end cars produced and delivered to dealers.... all of them U.S. only. Not comprehensive of course but a good stab of maybe at least a quarter of all production deliveries. Again this was an effort I did in the entire month of October 2020 and if I check my dated files on my server I know I started looking the first week of September 2020 and I found cars unsold at dealers going back to March 2020 and a few in January and February. The pandemic really created significant delays in dealership sales as the country simply shut down.

And look at the production delays since. No more GT350 either.

There must be others out there who may have done what I did. It was time consuming but the pandemic left me with no where to go. I was either going to get me an R model, but instead I kept my investments in the equity markets intead so with the appreciable gains I made and for short money I bought my PP2 from an Omaha dealer and had my carrier I use ship to me in CT. And since then did my own minor performance changes as I track my cars and I do my own mechanicals, metal fabrications, simple electronic adaptations like data loggers 3 sets of wheels, race tires, race pads, 2 pc. rotors Setrab coolers rear seat delete Schroth belts Watson rollbar, Trufiber GT4 style hood, FP F&R tow hooks ad nauseam all the stuff like BMR Vorshlag camber plates Kooks headers with green cats Cortex suspension stuff and on and on and on. But I can bring it all stock in 50 hours or less but I won't. I'm just getting old but having fun for less than an R model. I don't even have 1,500 miles on the car now. But I'm going to drive it the way it was built to be driven. I've done zip to the motor. It's enough for me and the springs and bars with the Magneride are tuned anyway by guys smarter than me. I just put more adjustability if I want to tweak it.

I already have since '73 a GT350 and other Mustangs and I'm always restoring them anyway so I'm just lucky to do what I love.... make money in the markets and stay stupid. We only live once.

Last edited:

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Wonder if you have my car in that pdf collection built Aug 20.

Sponsored

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Wonder if you have my car in that pdf collection built Aug 20.
Have mostly 401a in my screens I will check my hard copies because I searched mostly for Race Red and you're a 301a loaded from what I understand so who knows, I might have yours too. I will look lol.

Your car is also set up nice from what I've read. These are great cars to do so many cool things it's just a blast IMO

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I have the window sticker. I was just curious if you did. Thanks it is a blast to drive and own. I could have bought a Mach 1 but liked this car better for the price and value of what I was paying for. Thanks for the kind words.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trying to find the info, but have not hit on it.

- Were 2018-2020 PP2’s only available in specific exterior colors?

- Was black the base interior color in all?

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Trying to find the info, but have not hit on it.

- Were 2018-2020 PP2’s only available in specific exterior colors?

- Was black the base interior color in all?
No and No (I think you could get the cream colored cloth seats, Unless you went with cloth Recaros)
Sponsored