Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the K-Brace that Ford is referring to is the "U" shaped brace that is ahead of your Steeda K-Brace. I don't believe the non PP cars have that.
You could have something there, looks like it to me, good catch.
Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 11.31.08 PM.png

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
If you guys are looking for a shift knob, I have a leather Raceseng knob that is heavier than stock and seems to really smooth out the shifting. It does require replacing the stock plastic reverse gizmo to an aluminum one but it is so well worth it. It is 1/2" higher and took a little getting use to but the smoothness really made it a worthwhile change. I also think the aesthetics matches the interior well. I use the white cloth bag it came with as a sun shade too.
IMG_7825.JPG

Last edited:

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
FYI, I think you can remove/replace the pony emblem without pulling bumper cover. I saw it done this past weekend on a car before we went on a cruise. I should have watched closely since I have a black pony waiting to go on as well. Maybe there's a diy video out there??? I'm more concerned with swapping the 5.0 side badges since I have PPF on the whole front end.
Cj Pony Parts has a video how to do it, have to pull the top mounts of the radiator off and push it backwards and squeeze your hand in there, I couldn't get my arm in there far enough to install the new nuts on the back. (I bought the actual Ford pony, so no double-sided tape.) When I tried it was about 105 degrees in my garage, figure I may try again when it is cooler, may have a little more patience!

Doug

Sponsored

trackd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 (SOLD), 73 240Z RB26DETT
Had to add a GT500 spoiler/Gurney flap to help plant the rear way better on track! Kept the stock spoiler of course. 22K miles on her. I'm kind of itching for a Mach 1 Handling Pack but can't justify the huge price gap, similar Coyote, 20 hp is not much of a gain.

1657745874867.jpeg

1657745889274.jpeg

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Had to add a GT500 spoiler/Gurney flap to help plant the rear way better on track! Kept the stock spoiler of course. 22K miles on her. I'm kind of itching for a Mach 1 Handling Pack but can't justify the huge price gap, similar Coyote, 20 hp is not much of a gain.

1657745874867.jpeg

1657745889274.jpeg
If you the FP power pack upgrade you’ll be right there with the power. I have it and like it.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
If you the FP power pack upgrade you’ll be right there with the power. I have it and like it.

Another bonus is not having an ugly old-school gas cap planted on the rear. Ford should have never stuck that there, does not belong.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I've been considering the GT500 "swing" on mine as well but I've been thinking about the Steeda Race wing and the APR GTC-200 also. The APR reminds a bit of the GT500 track pack wing and should provide more downforce then the "swing" I would think. I also plan to vent the hood and possibly switch to a larger and lower front splitter. Front canards and rear diffuser (from Verus likely) at some point as well. Have to plan it right to keep the aero balanced out.

Like you the Mach 1 HP was on my radar. I figured if bought a M1HP I wouldn't bother to change anything except long studs, brake fluid and brake pads of course for the track. At this point I'm leaning towards keeping the PP2 and building it into a semi-dedicated track car.

ubR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
2019 Velocity Blue PP2 401A

EMP rear set delete
MGW shifter
Steeda magneride springs
and a few other mods
waiting for black friday or another sale at beefcake racing so I can pick up a supercharger

window_sticker.jpg
IMG_3521.jpg
IMG_3567.jpg
IMG_3651.jpg

Sponsored

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I like that blue. Looking a supercharger myself.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I don’t think it’s worth it especially now with higher prices and interest rates. I like my very low car payment.
Plus you can build your PP2 how you want it. Make it better than a Mach1 and still have money left. Sure resale would be better on a M1 if that matters to you.