PP2 real life pictures

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
I did browse the forum but didn't see the rake mentioned anywhere. It's my bad for not taking a closer look at the pictures.

I too wanted to stay with factory original parts but the rake just looks goofy (to me).

While these springs do work and fit the PP2/PP1 magneride cars it seems they might be more of a part carryover rather than an ideal fitment. When installed on the GT350 -the model for which the springs were originally designed for- the drop is nice and even.

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I did browse the forum but didn't see the rake mentioned anywhere. It's my bad for not taking a closer look at the pictures.

I too wanted to stay with factory original parts but the rake just looks goofy (to me).

While these springs do work and fit the PP2/PP1 magneride cars it seems they might be more of a part carryover rather than an ideal fitment. When installed on the GT350 -the model for which the springs were originally designed for- the drop is nice and even.
I went with 325/30's on the rear, that helped make up a little more of the rear wheel gap for street look more to my liking. Kept the original SC2 tires though, hope to use them on the track here soon.
So what springs did you end up going to?

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
I went with 325/30's on the rear, that helped make up a little more of the rear wheel gap for street look more to my liking. Kept the original SC2 tires though, hope to use them on the track here soon.
So what springs did you end up going to?
I feel like I might be splitting hairs but I have a feeling that the stock PP2 wheel/tire setup visually accentuates the rear wheel gap (when lowering) due to having square tires but stretching the rears over a wider rim.

The 325s seem like a good call. Any chance you have photos you want to share? Preferably showing fender gap? :angel:

Looking at the specs on tire rack, the 325s have an an OD .4" larger than the 305s. I might go that route since my original cup2s are getting pretty thin. I gotta say those tires have been absolutely amazing (the whole car has actually!). I spend a lot of time on mountain roads and I'm a little worried about "downgrading" but since the car is also a daily its just hard to justify the price tag every few thousand miles.

I went with the Steeda Magneride springs. I'll probably post up some unsolicited feedback/comparison once I put a few more miles on them :-)

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I feel like I might be splitting hairs but I have a feeling that the stock PP2 wheel/tire setup visually accentuates the rear wheel gap (when lowering) due to having square tires but stretching the rears over a wider rim.

The 325s seem like a good call. Any chance you have photos you want to share? Preferably showing fender gap? :angel:

Looking at the specs on tire rack, the 325s have an an OD .4" larger than the 305s. I might go that route since my original cup2s are getting pretty thin. I gotta say those tires have been absolutely amazing (the whole car has actually!). I spend a lot of time on mountain roads and I'm a little worried about "downgrading" but since the car is also a daily its just hard to justify the price tag every few thousand miles.

I went with the Steeda Magneride springs. I'll probably post up some unsolicited feedback/comparison once I put a few more miles on them :-)
No, your right, it is accentuated with the short sidewall tires. Lack of tread height and rounded edges of the Cup2's are a factor as well so you'll get some visual improvement if/when you go to street tires.

I wanted to stay with the OE 305/30 in the front and felt the 325/30 rear would keep me closest to the overall OE look but I have seen pics here of guys that went to 35 series just to get a little more height. I'll send pics of mine this weekend when I can get it out in the sunlight, my car is shadow black so its hard to pick up the gap in some pics I have now.

Lucky you with the mountain roads to have fun on, none of that here in flat Florida. Took off my Cup2's after 500 miles, couldn't handle the debris they threw up on the fenders and mirrors. I went with Michelin P4S street tires. Pricier than others but always got great longevity with that brand and I've been super happy with the dry and wet grip.

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
I might go that route since my original cup2s are getting pretty thin. I gotta say those tires have been absolutely amazing (the whole car has actually!). I spend a lot of time on mountain roads and I'm a little worried about "downgrading" but since the car is also a daily its just hard to justify the price tag every few thousand miles.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: The PP2 is crazy fun on mountain roads!

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
No, your right, it is accentuated with the short sidewall tires. Lack of tread height and rounded edges of the Cup2's are a factor as well so you'll get some visual improvement if/when you go to street tires.
I'm planning to stick with 305/30 all around. I'm now on M5300W springs. I did get a measured drop at the front splitter. Otherwise it doesn't look like much of a drop.

Does anyone know the approximate ride height of a stock PP2 car (measured middle of center cap to fender)? If you have front and read measurements even better.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I like PP2 car, except i wish the rear spoiler was more aggressive.

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
What are you lowered on?
Short answer: Steeda Sport springs part # 555-8242.

Long answer:

The PP2 has more wheel gap in the rear than the front from the factory and I didn't like that look. I'm OCD and like things even. This isn't an issue on other Mustangs because they all have rear tires with thicker sidewalls than the front. Aftermarket springs maintain that rake since they are made for those cars (PP1, GT350 etc).

I was not interested in putting a thicker rear tire. That would have a negative impact on the effective final drive ratio and the car already has tall gears. I also didn't care to lug extra weight around.

To compound the issue I wanted to add a bit of negative camber up front and the more camber you add the lower it looks.

Anyways, my setup is:

* Steeda sport springs 555-8242 (trimmed rear bump stop as per instructions)
* Steeda rear subframe alignment kit 555-4438.
* Deleted lower rear spring pads. This helped drop the rear by ~5mm.
* Spiral wrap to isolate the lower rear coils. It's completely quiet, not a peep or a squeak.
* Ford Performance camber plates M-3050-A. These have none of the harshness typical of full metal aftermarket units.
* All bushings loosened and torqued at ride height w/full tank to eliminate preload.
* '19 GT350R "track" alignment. -2 1/4 front, -1 3/4 rear, smidge of toe in. (It's really not that aggressive).
* Michelin PS4S 295/30 front 305/30 rear. Same weight but 0.7" wider front and 1.2" wider rear than cup 2. I wanted to maintain a stagger like the wheels.

Prob not the answer you were expecting but the car drives like a dream AND looks nice and even! Hope this helps.

Last edited: