PP2 OWNER EXPERIENCES - RAVES/QUIRKS

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
I just got back from a great track day at Area 27 in Oliver BC. The best investment I have made to my Mustang was an advanced race course here at Area 27 in a Camaro SS1LE. It has taken close to 5 seconds off my lap times by taking 10ths of a second off at each of the 16 corners. Well worth it.
A27-3.jpg
A27-4.jpg
A27-5.jpg
A27-8.jpg
A27.jpg
Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I just got back from a great track day at Area 27 in Oliver BC. The best investment I have made to my Mustang was an advanced race course here at Area 27 in a Camaro SS1LE. It has taken close to 5 seconds off my lap times by taking 10ths of a second off at each of the 16 corners. Well worth it.
A27-3.jpg
A27-4.jpg
A27-5.jpg
A27-8.jpg
A27.jpg
So you're saying that you took a driving course using a Camaro SS1LE, and it helped you improve your driving skills in your PP2?
It would be interesting to hear your thoughts about the two cars plus's and minus's.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
So you're saying that you took a driving course using a Camaro SS1LE, and it helped you improve your driving skills in your PP2?
Advanced techniques are at least somewhat transferrable among cars of similar configuration and power.

It would be interesting to hear your thoughts about the two cars plus's and minus's.
I'm very interested in this as well.

Norm

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
The Camaro's were brand new and I wanted to drive the version that was closest to my PP2 so I selected a 6 speed manual. There was also a paddle shifter version and the ZL1.
My Mustang has bigger and better tires on the front, my brakes are better, the shifter is more precise. With the tune, I have better throttle response and I find the Recaro's are better for accommodating my helmet. The Camaro headrest pushed my neck and head forward in an unnatural position. The Camaro is full of electronics that take time to learn. I am more comfortable in my Mustang and vision out of the Camaro was not an issue.
The ZL1 is a beast and fast, especially on the straights.

Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
The Camaro's were brand new and I wanted to drive the version that was closest to my PP2 so I selected a 6 speed manual. There was also a paddle shifter version and the ZL1.
My Mustang has bigger and better tires on the front, my brakes are better, the shifter is more precise. With the tune, I have better throttle response and I find the Recaro's are better for accommodating my helmet. The Camaro headrest pushed my neck and head forward in an unnatural position. The Camaro is full of electronics that take time to learn. I am more comfortable in my Mustang and vision out of the Camaro was not an issue.
The ZL1 is a beast and fast, especially on the straights.
That's interesting and a little surprising from what I have heard about the SS Camaro.
Was there much of a difference in ride and handling? Oh, and did the Camaro have magnaride?

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
That's interesting and a little surprising from what I have heard about the SS Camaro.
Was there much of a difference in ride and handling? Oh, and did the Camaro have magnaride?
I do not know if they had Magnaride or not. It was a good driving car but it takes a bit to learn the electronics and it was not like we were taking them for a test drive or delivery from a dealer. From what I experienced, the PP2 is a better car for me. The corner skills I got from them transferred right over to my PP2.

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
What do you guys think of the PP2 selling now and the future higher because of their " limited production" run

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
Why would I want to sell it if I didn't have to?

Sponsored

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Why would I want to sell it if I didn't have to?
In other words, some pickup and delivery car companies are giving higher prices if it's a PP2. Will low production numbers have any impact in the future?

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
In other words, some pickup and delivery car companies are giving higher prices if it's a PP2. Will low production numbers have any impact in the future?
Time will tell.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
danno1, I knew what you were asking. Sorry, I was being a bit of a smart ass.
At this point, I wouldn't even consider selling my PP2. Yeah, I'm that happy with it.
I do know what you mean though; while I don't know for sure, I think there will be more Mach 1's produced in 21 and 22 than all 3 years of PP2 production. Then again, who knows what the future market will do?

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
danno1, I knew what you were asking. Sorry, I was being a bit of a smart ass.
At this point, I wouldn't even consider selling my PP2. Yeah, I'm that happy with it.
I do know what you mean though; while I don't know for sure, I think there will be more Mach 1's produced in 21 and 22 than all 3 years of PP2 production. Then again, who knows what the future market will do?
Lol. Thanks for the input!

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
I would agree that value will be based on production #'s if Ford ever releases those. Plus, you're really looking into the future 25+ years at cars that are unmolested and super low mileage. You'd have to decide if you want to enjoy it or store it. You'd have a far greater ROI on a Fortune 500 stock.
Sponsored