Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I'll bet $$$ it does, the vin tracks, or is a reference for parts.. My Crystal ball says yes it does.

Suppose you damaged the splitter, common part for the 350/500. Parts guy ask for the vin, sees the splitter, hands you the part.

He does not have the sfuffle the deck going to a 350/500 catalog section to find want you need. Does not even have a need to know a 350/500 from a VW.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
I'll bet $$$ it does, the vin tracks, or is a reference for parts.. My Crystal ball says yes it does.

Suppose you damaged the splitter, common part for the 350/500. Parts guy ask for the vin, sees the splitter, hands you the part.

He does not have the sfuffle the deck going to a 350/500 catalog section to find want you need. Does not even have a need to know a 350/500 from a VW.
Our parts guys ask for the VIN so that they can pull up your exact build, helping prevent wrong parts from being ordered. The VIN is key to opening up everything about your car, all inside the Ford computer system.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Our parts guys ask for the VIN so that they can pull up your exact build, helping prevent wrong parts from being ordered. The VIN is key to opening up everything about your car, all inside the Ford computer system.
True, another advantage to the process. When or if a part design changed in the middle of the year. They will have the exact replacement for the vin. The concept was introduced as a standard late 90's or so. Early 90's buying OEM parts, prefix make, model & year.

Sponsored

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The option codes are not in the VIN, but through a Ford computer it will list it.
This topic of PP2 parts recognition has been discussed earlier in this thread or another I believe but this is a more descriptive explanation than I've seen so thanks for the info PorscheDude. But I do wish the PP2 option was a part of the VIN itself, if nothing else for clarity.
I think the take away is with OE products or dealers we'll need to specify, ask and confirm that the salesperson is actually looking at the PP2 option. In my industry there's a lot of newer folks doing parts and they either don't know, haven't learned or been taught to look at the option levels/serial numbers/etc and thats when mistakes are made so we've learned to ask and ask again.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The option codes are not in the VIN, but through a Ford computer it will list it.
HUH, not in there but is listed ? Are you talking about the code (401A) used when ordering the car. However that is the equipment group.

The real meat & patios has no code: Simple lists as Performance Package-level-2 Some part of the vin needs to connect the dots: Performance Package-level-2 & vin ?

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
HUH, not in there but is listed ? Are you talking about the code (401A) used when ordering the car. However that is the equipment group.

The real meat & patios has no code: Simple lists as Performance Package-level-2 Some part of the vin needs to connect the dots: Performance Package-level-2 & vin ?
I am guessing many of you have not seen the order guide that we use to build and order cars. I have attached the order guide that I used to build and order my 2019 Mustang GT PP2. I chose the 301A package to keep the gauges analog and the seating material cloth. You will see the PP2 Option is coded 673 and you will see what it includes. I built this as a drivers / track car with as little nanny controls as possible. The PP2 was new in Canada for 2019 model year.

Attachments

Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Out of curiosity, when you order one like that, do you setup financing ahead and begin paying when you receive the vehicle? Just curious how the money side works.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Out of curiosity, when you order one like that, do you setup financing ahead and begin paying when you receive the vehicle? Just curious how the money side works.
I won't be of much help here. I told the dealer what I wanted and they found it for me at another dealer and had it delivered to them on a truck.

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I ordered the car and waited 5 months for it to arrive. I knew ahead of time how much I would be paying for my lease but the payments do not start until you take possession of the car and it is registered and insured in your name, and reported sold to Ford.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am guessing many of you have not seen the order guide that we use to build and order cars. I have attached the order guide that I used to build and order my 2019 Mustang GT PP2. I chose the 301A package to keep the gauges analog and the seating material cloth. You will see the PP2 Option is coded 673 and you will see what it includes. I built this as a drivers / track car with as little nanny controls as possible. The PP2 was new in Canada for 2019 model year.
Very interesting, looks nothing like what I was presented with. A better option for sure.

Delivery time was the same, ordered Nov, driving Apr..

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Does the PP2 have a letter designator in the VIN that separates it from the standard GT if looking by VINs only?
Seems like it would be some parts are pp2 only.
Sponsored