PP2 OWNER EXPERIENCES - RAVES/QUIRKS

BrandoS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brando
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
SMH the dealership didn’t put the plastic rivet on correctly 3 of em are just right in between the lips. I guess I’ll be going to harbor freight and do as that guy did on that YouTube video. Everything else lined up and are fine.
Sponsored

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Might be worth your time to get the Vorshlag air deflectors for the brakes while you are doing the job. Pricey but likely worth it if you're pushing the car. I bought them and hope that with better brake fluid that I'll not need ducting upgrades later.
Those do look like good pieces, and I will probably upgrade before I do any road course work. I'm sticking to autoX for now so I don't anticipate overheating the brakes, but I'd like to get some real driving instruction one of these days. Plus, the Vorshlag folks are local, and gotta support those guys...

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
Those do look like good pieces, and I will probably upgrade before I do any road course work. I'm sticking to autoX for now so I don't anticipate overheating the brakes, but I'd like to get some real driving instruction one of these days. Plus, the Vorshlag folks are local, and gotta support those guys...
Don't worry about destroying your brakes, you pretty much cannot. I have been hard on my stock pads and rotors at the track for 2 years and I have been pleasantly surprised at how durable they have been. I do change my fluid twice a year (Motul) and I will be putting in new pads this year but the rotors have a lot of meat left on them. These brakes are very impressive, and compared to where I have come from with Porsche, super cheap.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
1611604176146.png

All those things circled in red are plastic rivets. That is how fat back the PP2 front spoiler goes. They are non removeable. Only way to remove is to drill or cut. There are like 16 POM rivets on the PP2 splitter.
Oh yeah 21 of them step 8 missed that, thanks. Drilling no big deal, would only need to be done if replacing. As it stands the splitter and belly pan will come off a a single unit.

Last edited:

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
They are literally bent pieces of sheet metal with three holes and some bolts. Keep that in mind. If they work, they work but if you have the resources I’d bet you could make them for under $10.

Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Anyone know the parts to order for just the splitter fasteners? I stepped on my splitter while moving around while stored for the winter. I'll need to reattach at least one side when winter is over.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
They are literally bent pieces of sheet metal with three holes and some bolts. Keep that in mind. If they work, they work but if you have the resources I’d bet you could make them for under $10.
Let us know how's the install - do you need to take of the gurney or wheels etc.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Anyone know the parts to order for just the splitter fasteners? I stepped on my splitter while moving around while stored for the winter. I'll need to reattach at least one side when winter is over.
no idea. When the dealer screwed up the install, I recall them having a hard time getting the hardware. Not sure if they had to get the complete kit. Then they said they had everything and in reality were low on the plastic rivets so those should be able to be sourced separately.

That said, they are just standard plastic rivets you can find elsewhere. Do you still have the screws? Those should be easy to source. No idea what size they are.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no idea. When the dealer screwed up the install, I recall them having a hard time getting the hardware. Not sure if they had to get the complete kit. Then they said they had everything and in reality were low on the plastic rivets so those should be able to be sourced separately.

That said, they are just standard plastic rivets you can find elsewhere. Do you still have the screws? Those should be easy to source. No idea what size they are.
Cool. with the information provided in the next post I should be good. I didn't think about just pulling a screw out and taking it to Fastenal or one of those places. (Duh ;) )

hey sir, you will definitely need a some of these. They are pricey.
Thanks. Hopefully I can find some cheaper (generic) plastic rivets. I bet I could buy metal pop rivets as well but will focus on finding plastic ones of the same size. I might need to buy one Ford one to get the right size unless someone who has one can measure the diameter of the part that goes in the car. I believe that would be the thicker part. The thin post should get snapped off by the tool (IIRC).

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Cool. with the information provided in the next post I should be good. I didn't think about just pulling a screw out and taking it to Fastenal or one of those places. (Duh ;) )

Thanks. Hopefully I can find some cheaper (generic) plastic rivets. I bet I could buy metal pop rivets as well but will focus on finding plastic ones of the same size. I might need to buy one Ford one to get the right size unless someone who has one can measure the diameter of the part that goes in the car. I believe that would be the thicker part. The thin post should get snapped off by the tool (IIRC).
Since I had the issue with the plastic rivets falling out, I happen to have saved them in case of an emergency. I took out the inner piece the way it goes together. Makes sure the inner pin's flair goes on the narrow end.

The shaft of the rivet is 6mm or 0.24" so about 1/4" in diameter.
From under the cap to the base is 1" or ~ 25mm long
The top cap is about 1/2" or 12.4 mm.
the inner pin is 55mm long or 2.17" or about 2 3/16" long including the tapered/pointed end
IMG_7960.jpg

IMG_7961.jpg
IMG_7962.jpg

Last edited:

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
Let us know how's the install - do you need to take of the gurney or wheels etc.
They replace the anemic ones that come from the factory which I believe are bolted on with the same three bolts. Take off the wheels and there they are. I picked up a set of bullitt calipers from a member at a discount. When I install those the air deflectors will go on. I powder coated them gloss black already. Waiting for the temps to at least hit 50. Late March here in Ohio maybe?!?

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I corrected the diameter. 6mm or 1/4"

I bet these might work

https://www.grainger.com/product/3Z...ucid=N:N:PS:Paid:GGL:CSM-2295:4P7A1P:20501231

Based on this kit (looking at the card on the lid),

https://www.amazon.com/Glarks-Assor...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I would expect the rivet to be a R6 * 12L but do not quote me on this.
Perfect! Thanks for this, the plastic rivets were out of stock when I tried to buy them at the dealership a couple months ago, and ended up getting them online for nearly $100. I don't ever want to repeat that experience... This will be a big help to anyone who has to repair their splitter or add one after the fact.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since I had the issue with the plastic rivets falling out, I happen to have saved them in case of an emergency. I took out the inner piece the way it goes together. Makes sure the inner pin's flair goes on the narrow end.

The shaft of the rivet is 6mm or 0.24" so about 1/4" in diameter.
From under the cap to the base is 1" or ~ 25mm long
The top cap is about 1/2" or 12.4 mm.
the inner pin is 55mm long or 2.17" or about 2 3/16" long including the tapered/pointed end
I corrected the diameter. 6mm or 1/4"

I bet these might work

https://www.grainger.com/product/3Z...ucid=N:N:PS:Paid:GGL:CSM-2295:4P7A1P:20501231

Based on this kit (looking at the card on the lid),

https://www.amazon.com/Glarks-Assor...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I would expect the rivet to be a R6 * 12L but do not quote me on this.
Sorry I did just quote you :D . Thank you very much for that information. Above and beyond! Just like the person from Ohio I'm waiting for winter to pass here in middle America so I can work on car projects. Though I still have a few house projects to complete. If it would just stop snowing for a few days so I don't have to clear snow.
Sponsored