PP2 OWNER EXPERIENCES - RAVES/QUIRKS

BrandoS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brando
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Can someone help me with my pp2 lip. It seems a bit off on one side, like it’s hanging out the clips just a little. The car barely has 1500miles on it and I have no idea how it got like that. I can’t really rave about a front lip that suppose to add down force but can’t hang on. Any step by step on putting on the lip and taking it off would be great.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone help me with my pp2 lip. It seems a bit off on one side, like it’s hanging out the clips just a little. The car barely has 1500miles on it and I have no idea how it got like that. I can’t really rave about a front lip that suppose to add down force but can’t hang on. Any step by step on putting on the lip and taking it off would be great.
A bit vague, pictures do wonders. I did check my crystal ball looked good there?

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Pics would be good.

Some dealers are not even installing the PP2 splitters correctly, and they are misaligned.

In the example PP2 below, you can see that the slot that the upper bumper-integrated splitter is supposed to slot into, is not.
-On the driver side, there is gap when looking at the side.
-On the passenger side, it is sticking out
PP2 Splitter Misalignment 1.png

PP2 Splitter Misalignment 2.png

This is how it should look on both sides - the integrated splitter slots into the provision that is moulded into the PP2 splitter:

PP2 Splitter Misalignment 4.png

However, does your question revolve around the PP2 splitter itself sagging down from the integrated bumper splitter, like below?

If that's the case, some rivets or screws are probably loose or something. The splitter is held by a series of clips, rivets and screws.
PP2 Splitter Misalignment 3.png

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This looks like the problem, see if there is a matching hole up under there.

I have a picture of the underside of the splitter, will post later. Sorry but on my way out the door to get my Mustang fix for the day

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Check here.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/need-photos-of-pp2-splitter.128545/

Someone posted the dealer install instructions.

It sounds like you did not get the plastic rivets installed correctly at the very least. Maybe they messed up the screws as well. The plastic rivets are supposed to get pulled tight and then cut or snapped off flush. When mine was first installed, they though they were push pin type retainers and as such most fell out and the others held nothing in place. Once I got those instructions, the dealership had me walk into the bay and verify the work.

Here is a video where they show the rivets and a tool for install. You could just use pliers but I think the tool is better.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
Check here.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/need-photos-of-pp2-splitter.128545/

Someone posted the dealer install instructions.

It sounds like you did not get the plastic rivets installed correctly at the very least. Maybe they messed up the screws as well. The plastic rivets are supposed to get pulled tight and then cut or snapped off flush. When mine was first installed, they though they were push pin type retainers and as such most fell out and the others held nothing in place. Once I got those instructions, the dealership had me walk into the bay and verify the work.

Here is a video where they show the rivets and a tool for install. You could just use pliers but I think the tool is better.
The front splitter is also an integral piece for the cooling of the front rotors, so you want to make sure it is done right. Your dealer made a mistake.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This looks like the problem, see if there is a matching hole up under there.

I have a picture of the underside of the splitter, will post later. Sorry but on my way out the door to get my Mustang fix for the day

Here you go

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 7.38.38 PM.png

BrandoS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brando
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
However, does your question revolve around the PP2 splitter itself sagging down from the integrated bumper splitter, like below?

If that's the case, some rivets or screws are probably loose or something. The splitter is held by a series of clips, rivets and screws.

In this area but for my driver side. I can see a tiny gap and I knew something wasn't right. I can see the clips or screw in between the lips. I try pushing up to see if the clips would grab the lip but that didn't work. I appreciate all the help guys. I'll look into more tomorrow once I have it lifted up. Haven't driven the car since I posted.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Here you go

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 7.38.38 PM.png
I think those are for the regular splitter section or is a PP1 which has a different shield. Might be good to check that too. I say that because I know there is a center screw which I am using for the Sto N Sho license plate bracket which your diagrams seem to be missing.

1611581232344.png

1611581246540.png

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2

In this area but for my driver side. I can see a tiny gap and I knew something wasn't right. I can see the clips or screw in between the lips. I try pushing up to see if the clips would grab the lip but that didn't work. I appreciate all the help guys. I'll look into more tomorrow once I have it lifted up. Haven't driven the car since I posted.
Cool, post some pics when you can.

I will say that I've noticed a handful of PP2s here and there where there is a very slight gap in the mentioned area, both on the left and right side. I've noticed it on some member cars, and also in real life on some dealer cars. But these were noticeable only when looking head-on.

It may not be a big deal, depending on how large or small your gap is.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think those are for the regular splitter section or is a PP1 which has a different shield. Might be good to check that too. I say that because I know there is a center screw which I am using for the Sto N Sho license plate bracket which your diagrams seem to be missing.

1611581232344.png

1611581246540.png
Cool, post some pics when you can.

I will say that I've noticed a handful of PP2s here and there where there is a very slight gap in the mentioned area, both on the left and right side. I've noticed it on some member cars, and also in real life on some dealer cars. But these were noticeable only when looking head-on.

It may not be a big deal, depending on how large or small your gap is.

I will say it is a screw that is missing 2nd one moving left pictured,

I see no plastic rivets, aluminum lead edge yes.

IMG_0098.jpeg

just another shot
IMG_0099.jpeg

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I will say it is a screw that is missing 2nd one moving left pictured,

I see no plastic rivets, aluminum lead edge yes.

IMG_0098.jpeg

just another shot
IMG_0099.jpeg
1611604176146.png

All those things circled in red are plastic rivets. That is how far back the PP2 front spoiler goes. They are non removeable. Only way to remove is to drill or cut. There are like 21 POM rivets on the PP2 splitter.

Last edited:

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
The guys at Vorshlag added all the PP2 splitter parts to a base GT and they have a good walk through on what is involved.

https://www.vorshlag.com/forums/for...aero-body/58939-2018-mustang-gt-pp2-undertray

I have all the parts sitting in my garage, but have not done the job yet so I can’t advise on any extra hurdles...
Might be worth your time to get the Vorshlag air deflectors for the brakes while you are doing the job. Pricey but likely worth it if you're pushing the car. I bought them and hope that with better brake fluid that I'll not need ducting upgrades later.

stangshafi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anees
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Hey guys, just had my 2020 PP2 delivered from Missouri last week. It came without the splitter installed, which I just put on couple of nights ago. As the instruction sheet shows above, it has 12 screws and 21 rivets that need to go on for a proper install. I started the job without making sure I had my rivet tool, so was only able to brace it with the 12 screws. It also has three locating "pins" that help you line up the splitter to the existing one. The screws do a decent job holding it together, but definitely need the rivets to make it road worthy.

Also, note that you have to remove some clips and screws from the wheel finder liner to be able to correctly "hook" both ends of the splitter and then use the locating pins to correctly line it up before fastening. I've got the rivet tool now and will finish the install tonight, but even with the screws, I'm not seeing any kind of gaps so far. It's holding on pretty tight and well. Little bit of pain if you're doing this by yourself, but totally doable. I had to be patient as I was worried about screwing something up!

Good luck and glad I found this forum!
Sponsored