PP2 OWNER EXPERIENCES - RAVES/QUIRKS

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
I was looking at my interior of my PP2 and noticed that the side panels of the center console, on the edge facing the shifter, has what look like mock stitching. The stitching on my car is a silver/gray accent on black leather. Neither those side panels nor the hand brake(the brake handle and its boot) have the accent silver gray stitching.

Does yours have these two with the accent stitching done correctly?
I think you only get that with the 401a package.
Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I think you only get that with the 401a package.
I have the 401A package!
this is what I am talking about. You can see the dotted fake stitch line to the left of the volume knob. but below it on the side you can see the gray accent stitch. On the brake you can see they used black stitching but on the shifter they used the gray.
IMG_7729[1].JPG
IMG_7727[1].JPG
IMG_7730[1].JPG

Last edited:

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I have the 401A package!
this is what I am talking about. You can see the dotted fake stitch line to the left of the volume knob. but below it on the side you can see the gray accent stitch. On the brake you can see they used black stitching but on the shifter they used the gray.
IMG_7729[1].JPG
IMG_7727[1].JPG
IMG_7730[1].JPG
I think all the 401's are that way - the e-brake just has the black stitching and the side of the console has the faux stitching. You can get a replacement for the e-brake boot with proper stitching on eBay and it's not a difficult swap, but it doesn't change the stitching on the handle part of the e-brake.

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
This is the kind of attention to detail that makes the cost for premium sometimes feel like it is not worth it. They should have done a complete and proper job.

The same is with the dead pedal. they could not include an aluminum cover for it? Do we have to go out and buy what should have been there from the start?

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
I have the 401A package!
IMG_7729[1].JPG
IMG_7727[1].JPG
IMG_7730[1].JPG
Misunderstood your question. No model comes with stitching on the face of the center stack. Huge miss by Ford IMO given the upcharge for the 'premium'. But don't feel bad, GT350s don't get stitching on the dash, center console, or knee pads!

FWIW, on eBay there is are reasonably priced gray stitched leather covers that can be glued to the center stack, and gray stitched replacements for the brake cover, as well as gray stitched covers for many other parts if you really want to go crazy.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
This is the kind of attention to detail that makes the cost for premium sometimes feel like it is not worth it. They should have done a complete and proper job.

The same is with the dead pedal. they could not include an aluminum cover for it? Do we have to go out and buy what should have been there from the start?

Gross .............it's a car not a leather purse .

Fire__GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack Level 1
I love mine! It only has 1500 miles on it and it's sitting under a cover right now. I swapped the tires out(Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position) and put some low profile splash guards on it because the cup 2's threw rocks like crazy.

what options did you go with? My 2018 has active exhaust/mats/color.
Driver Side.JPG
Driver Side Front.JPG
Driver Rear.JPG
YO are you in SoCal?

Sponsored

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have a 2019 and it's the same way. They could have easily made the brake boot and foot rest match at least. Oh well, gives ya an excuse to buy more stuff for the car...lol

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Gross .............it's a car not a leather purse .
The car comes with all three, yes a proper car has three pedals, with chrome. Why did they leave out the dead pedal? So many other cars that have chrome pedals have all four items covered.

As for the stitching, they could simply have made it so that the stitching doesn't show and no one would have cared. On the center dash sides, they made a point to mold in fake stitching. If they had no intention of doing it correctly, they should have left it off.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The car comes with all three, yes a proper car has three pedals, with chrome. Why did they leave out the dead pedal? So many other cars that have chrome pedals have all four items covered.

As for the stitching, they could simply have made it so that the stitching doesn't show and no one would have cared. On the center dash sides, they made a point to mold in fake stitching. If they had no intention of doing it correctly, they should have left it off.
I will just say we disagree, but nice try convincing me .

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I've generally found shiny pedal covers to be a bit slippery when wet. To the point where I'm apt to keep a towel in front of the driver seat to take the worst of the wetness off my shoes as I get in. Appearance for others at the cost of function to me? No thanks, don't bother covering any of them.

Norm

Last edited:

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I've generally found shiny pedal covers to be a bit slippery when wet. To the point where I'm apt to keep a towel in front of the driver seat to take the worst of the wetness of my shoes as I get in. Appearance for others at the cost of function to me? No thanks, don't bother covering any of them.

Norm
They came stock chromed over. They do have rubber passing through so it is really not a problem but I do understand. It wasn't an option to have or have not. It came with the Premium package as far as I can guess.

Rapid Red,
I wasn't trying to convince you unless you work for Ford. They are the only one who counts when trying to convince someone. We are all entitled to our opinions. When a car has things half way done, they either shouldn't be done or done fully. That is all I am saying.
Sponsored