Sponsored

PP1 spare tire

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
Anyone know off hand what size socket is needed for the factory lug nuts?
21 mm works for me, a 13/16 will work but real tight
Sponsored

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
Just checked it out and seems perfect. How do you like yours and has anyone else on the board used or have it? how do you keep the jack from bouncing around?
I have it, but have not used it
I also bought a tubeless tire patch kit on Amazon , just in case

OP
OP
DemonGT

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Just ordered mine. I got the tire and rim only, bought a jack off jungle web site

Donny53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Just got mine today. I configured the jack like it would be stock. The tire pins the jack down, i just have a piece of cardboard between them and then the stock cup holds the whole thing down.

IMG_9792.jpg
IMG_9793.jpg
IMG_9794.jpg
IMG_9795.jpg
IMG_9796.jpg
I've got a 2021.....was wondering did your FACTORY hold down work to secure everything? I've got mine in my trunk but the factory hold down is too short.

Joedag1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I've got a 2021.....was wondering did your FACTORY hold down work to secure everything? I've got mine in my trunk but the factory hold down is too short.
When you buy the whole kit they include an extension for it.

Sponsored

Donny53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
When you buy the whole kit they include an extension for it.
I just checked again....no extension in my packaging. I did notice that the box that has the jack and handle in it was ripped on one side...but that whole box was shrink wrapped within the tire / rim. Probably going to send an e-mail and see what they say. Any chance you can send me a picture of this extension??

Thanks!

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I have the Automotive Authority kit, definitely pricey but I feel it’s worth it. I would much rather be back on the road in twenty minutes. My jack fits in snug and doesn’t rattle. The tire is very snug I put some armor all on the well and shoved it into place. Its worth the peace of mind.
Yep. My daughter passed a new mustang on the highway on blocks, no tire. I am sure the owner wishes they would have bought the spare tire kit just for this type of emergency. Roadside isn't 24x7 coverage in every area at 2:00am in the morning, 40 miles away from any city and no cell service. Having to have your car towed to a Bubba Tire shop who only sells used tires and none will fit your car. Get the spare, "do not" use the Junk in the Trunk. Tire shops will not change a tire which has this goo.

Joedag1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I just checked again....no extension in my packaging. I did notice that the box that has the jack and handle in it was ripped on one side...but that whole box was shrink wrapped within the tire / rim. Probably going to send an e-mail and see what they say. Any chance you can send me a picture of this extension??

Thanks!
All it is, is a rod coupling with a small piece of threaded rod. You can go to Home Depot and match up to your existing rod and replace it with a longer piece you will probably have to get two nuts to lock it on to the plastic cone

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Just got mine today. I configured the jack like it would be stock. The tire pins the jack down, i just have a piece of cardboard between them and then the stock cup holds the whole thing down.

IMG_9792.jpg
IMG_9793.jpg
IMG_9794.jpg
IMG_9795.jpg
IMG_9796.jpg
Go to your local supermarket while shopping for food, head to the produce dept. Ask the produce clerk for a wax coated cardboard box that much of the product comes in.
This will not soak up water or moisture, and the price is right, Free.

velocirooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mach 1 Prem, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Just checked it out and seems perfect. How do you like yours and has anyone else on the board used or have it? how do you keep the jack from bouncing around?
I had to use mine yesterday on my brand new Mach 1. i was driving from dealer in Iowa to Arkansas, and got a flat within 35 miles from home. 5/8" bolt that tire goo wasn't going to seal, so i just popped the tire off, put the AA spare on, and drove it home, albeit at 55 mph. 10/10, much better than waiting on a tow truck in a rural area.
Sponsored