OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
You ordered the anniversary ones. You still need caliper hardware and rotors, pads I assume to complete it. I would be interested in what your total cost will be with everything to perform the swap.
I hope so! Thanks very much for the reassurance. I did email Tasca and basically stated "Same part numbers, different descriptions, I want the white letters. Help please." LOL! So if I did order the correct ones, then great, no changes needed. :)

Cost-wise, here's what I ordered in total....I don't mind sharing...I didn't get any special pricing anyone else wouldn't get. I did a LOT of cross-shopping but in the end it was worth the convenience of ordering from just one place (Tasca) for the calipers and related parts instead of 3 different orders just to save $18 or whatever it was.

First off were the BrakeMotive/PowerStop rotors off Ebay. After the 8x Ebay Bucks I earned totaling $18, the cost was $214. ($232-$18=$214) http://www.ebay.com/itm/292119531522 That's $53.50 a rotor! Great price for what you get.

Then there were the Z26-1792/1793 PowerStop Pads, front and rear from Jegs for $142. http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...&submodel=&engine=&Nrpp=&No=&persistYmm=false
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...&submodel=&engine=&Nrpp=&No=&persistYmm=false

Finally the Tasca cart at $701. ordered new caliper bolts just because. At only $5 more, I say it's cheap insurance. Sure I could reuse the old ones...that only have 6K miles on them, with some Loctite but why bother when new bolts are cheap?

Tasca order screen shot below...sorry the formatting of my post is all screwed up.

So the total is $1,057 and that's with the crossdrilled rotors and performance pads. That's still less than the cost of the FP front-only Brembo upgrade, which doesn't get you the fancy rotors for the front, never mind the rear, or the performance pads.

Obviously, I'm doing the work myself, so there's no additional installation cost save the 16oz bottle of brake fluid I bought on Amazon for....$16 I think? I did have to also buy a bleeder kit, but that's tools, and tools are an investment so I'm not counting that cost.

AT $1,057 I'd say I did OK.

*edit* I did order new banjo bolts from RockAuto. Not for the bolts but for the two brass crush washers each banjo bolt comes with. I did not want to order one of those 1,000 piece kits off EBay and then I wind up not using 99% of the parts it comes with. I ordered 6 bolt/washer sets just because I wanted to have those extra washers. That was $16. So I guess if you wanted to say "That's part of the total cost" I'd agree with that. So $1,057+$16=$1,073.

$1,073 for all that including new crush washers...still a good deal IMO.
tasca_cart.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Amacron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
If u didn't have to pay the core charge it would also be $100 cheaper. Plus you can still sell your old calipers. I be seenthe old caliper set go for $380. Fortunately for me I am going to put the old calipers set on my wife's 2016 v6 convertible. So it's a win win for me and my wife of course.:clap2:

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Yup, core charge puts a damper on the deal, financially, but I still think I did OK. Just under $1.1K, pads included, drilled rotors included.

I did call Tasca to explain my situation (replacing stockers with these Brembos) and ask if they would take my stockers as the cores and they said no, b/c they are not the same thing. Makes sense, I guess.

It's not an exaggeration to say my stock 4-piston calipers and rotors are like-new. They have just over 6K miles on them, no dirt or grime on them. I'll take some really good pictures and see what EBay can get me. I hate Craigslist and dealing locally, so to EBay they go.

Amacron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck with the change over. Let me know if you have any problems. I am waiting for a few more parts to come in and I'll start mine.:D

PICANTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 ecoboost pp
Looking to do the exact same thing, thanks for the info

Sponsored

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Paranoid thought of the day: I have the optional 20" wheels, Ford part number FR3Z1007D. The Brembos will fit under them, right? The stock 4-piston calipers have maybe a 1/4" of clearance b/t them and wheel. Everything I"ve read about Brembos basically says "Almost no 18's fit but most 19" and 20's do."

I'm hoping that since I have 20's I'm in the clear?

Amacron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
From what I read on a thread they will fit. I also have the 20in foundry wheels

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
That's good to hear. I did my research and think they'll fit as well. But until I see it myself...you know? I'm pretty confident we're in the clear though.

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
:clap2:

:hail: Thank you! :headbang::cheers::thumbsup:

The OP in that thread reports about 3mm of clearance b/t the back of the spokes and the caliper. Assuming that number is correct (don't think he measured) 3mm is roughly 1/8". Plenty of space. When I do my swap, I'm going to measure the gap as accurately as I can and put it here. Maybe I'll even do a build thread. Hmm.

It's great to not need wheel spacers. I love the 20" Foundry wheels. I think they look fantastic. I don't want to swap them out for anything else and it looks like I won't have to.

Sponsored

Amacron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My thoughts exactly. For OEM wheels Ford out did them selves

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I just happened to buy a car that had the 20" foundry wheels, and I'm glad I did. I really like the look of them, and in 2016 they came with the summer tires, cowl brace, and performance bottom cover with the oil filter flap. It's good to know that the Brembos will fit them as I plan to eventually add them.

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
@2015Etrac : I plan on taking a lot of pics for my install. Will probably do a build thread...or at least a "documentary" thread.

Ford really seems to have "gotten it" with the S550, but yet they don't want to put both feet in the pool. As the first few years have gone on, Ford seems to always be on the cusp of "We really get it." Subtle changes have been made. For example, I find it strange that my "Premium" trim level came with 20's and a cowl brace....but yet the other key piece to that puzzle, the strut brace, was left off. But yet a Performance Pack car has the cowl/K brace and the strut tower brace from the factory, but higher profile tires. :crazy: It just doesn't make sense.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
@2015Etrac : I plan on taking a lot of pics for my install. Will probably do a build thread...or at least a "documentary" thread.

Ford really seems to have "gotten it" with the S550, but yet they don't want to put both feet in the pool. As the first few years have gone on, Ford seems to always be on the cusp of "We really get it." Subtle changes have been made. For example, I find it strange that my "Premium" trim level came with 20's and a cowl brace....but yet the other key piece to that puzzle, the strut brace, was left off. But yet a Performance Pack car has the cowl/K brace and the strut tower brace from the factory, but higher profile tires. :crazy: It just doesn't make sense.
I agree. It should have come with a strut tower brace if they were adding the cowl brace anyway. I just picked up a GT350R strut tower brace which looks really good in the engine bay and saves 2lbs over the standard ones. One good thing I have noticed about Ford is you can buy a lot of the OEM performance stuff for really cheap. Like the GT350R springs are $25 and $80 dollars, the Brembo Brakes are being bought for $850 for a whole setup, you can get the GT350R sway bars for really cheap, etc. I've found myself buying a lot of the Gt350 items and they look great, handle very well, and cost a fraction of what many of the similar after market items cost. I just wish they added more of this stuff at the factory, it would have saved me some time and money.

Amacron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not all cars received the k-brace aka cowl brace. Only the PP cars has it along with the optional 20in foundry wheels and the covertibles
Sponsored