Jasmo123

JasmoGT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue
Like the title says, I am trying to figure out why my console power point turns off immediately when I turn off the ignition and open the door. It did not used to do that. Could I be having a battery issue? Heres what I have done.
1. Used Forscan and adjusted the timeout to a value higher. When I did this it seemed to help at the time but the next time I drove the car it just started turning off immediately again.
2. checked the battery voltage and it seemed low, like 11.8 volts. I charged the battery some. it is currently sitting at 12.4 volts with nothing on. So the battery save relay should not have kicked the system off now with the voltage above 12.

Any ideas? I run my colored DRLs and Demon Eyes off the power point when the car is sitting. They used to stay on for an hour or the factory preset time of like 64 minutes. But now they shut right off with the power point.

The battery indicator is Black. It is not Green but the voltage is showing good. I guess I'll head out and buy me a battery load tester.
Any input is appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jasmo123

Jasmo123

JasmoGT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue
Learned something from this, The car is smart enough to know that the battery is going bad. I had the battery tested and it came back as bad. Time to start a search for a new battery.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
I set my power points to turn off when the motor's off and the door is opened. I didn't like stuff plugged into the power points draining the battery and running the dash cam 'til it over-writes all the existing files. The 74-minute default was WAY too much.
Sponsored