Power connection for new amp.

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape & 2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
I just had a new JL subwoofer and 600 watt amp installed by a local audio shop. Two people on another forum told me the power supply wire is installed improperly. It's connected to the right main terminal under the fuse box with a nice, clean, neat connection. I'm being told it should be connected directly to the battery terminal. The shop I used is highly regarded and has been in business many years. The system sounds great and is working flawlessly.

Before I go back and complain, I'd like some other opinions. Thanks!
(Cable in center of photo)
image.jpg
Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
thats fine, as long as its fused, no need to complain

OP
OP
Markbnh1

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The only issue could be amperage draw through the fuse block...but I doubt you'll run into that issue with one sub.

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
A few of us on the forums are running it to that power relay. Mines on the middle one and I have't had an issue yet; sub has been installed for almost a year now.:thumbsup:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Markbnh1

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
A few of us on the forums are running it to that power relay. Mines on the middle one and I have't had an issue yet; sub has been installed for almost a year now.:thumbsup:
Thanks! This forum really is the best for getting answers for questions like this. Appreciate the input. Anyone else?

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
They probably ran it that way because it looks more like a factory job than an aftermarket addon. If it isn't broke, I'd just leave it alone.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
As a counterpoint... I've seen several folks complain that their cars wouldn't start after connecting to the fuse box terminal, but after swapping to the battery it worked regularly.

OP
OP
Markbnh1

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
As a counterpoint... I've seen several folks complain that their cars wouldn't start after connecting to the fuse box terminal, but after swapping to the battery it worked regularly.
Yeh, I've been reading some old posts and saw that. So far, so good with mine but good to know! Thanks.

tarnisil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 turbo
Hi there, I had an amplifier and sub installed some days ago, with a fuse attached to the battery. Now I have the orange wrench light on, and the Ford's techs couldn't turn it off. Do you think it may be a problem of power drawing? I just have small amp (380W) and 1000W JBL sub...

Sponsored

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
Like Mark, I have a Stealthbox and 600w JL Amp. Just delivered, so not installed yet... Hopefully soon. I'm living overseas, so this forum is my only real lifeline for information. Sorry for reviving an old thread.

There seems to be a lot of opinions on where to connect for power, so I'm hoping for some updated advice. Is it better to connect to the battery of fuse box? I saw this thread too:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48667&highlight=Amp+power

If possible, can you guys also add some more pictures? I've never done anything like this, so I can't really identify the power cable and where it's connected...

Thanks!!!

OP
OP
Markbnh1

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Like Mark, I have a Stealthbox and 600w JL Amp. Just delivered, so not installed yet... Hopefully soon. I'm living overseas, so this forum is my only real lifeline for information. Sorry for reviving an old thread.

There seems to be a lot of opinions on where to connect for power, so I'm hoping for some updated advice. Is it better to connect to the battery of fuse box? I saw this thread too:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48667&highlight=Amp+power

If possible, can you guys also add some more pictures? I've never done anything like this, so I can't really identify the power cable and where it's connected...

Thanks!!!
It's been 8 months now and I've had absolutely no issues from connecting below the fuse box. Just an update.
Sponsored