Sponsored

Potential results

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
What would be realistic potential with a good driver behind the wheel on this setup:

‘17 GT premium MT82 (nonPP)
3.73s
‘18 intake manifold
Long tube headers
Supporting tune
Steeda H-pipe
BMR CB005, CB762, TCA048 and Steeda alignment pins
GT350 half shafts
FTBR shifter bracket
Drag pack wheels, bias 28” rears & bias skinnies front

This is the build I have in mind. I am slowly piecing it together.

Do you think this has the potential for 11.5 or better?
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
What would be realistic potential with a good driver behind the wheel on this setup:

‘17 GT premium MT82 (nonPP)
3.73s
‘18 intake manifold
Long tube headers
Supporting tune
Steeda H-pipe
BMR CB005, CB762, TCA048 and Steeda alignment pins
GT350 half shafts
FTBR shifter bracket
Drag pack wheels, bias 28” rears & bias skinnies front

This is the build I have in mind. I am slowly piecing it together.

Do you think this has the potential for 11.5 or better?
Doable with a good driver. But you'll most likely need a 1.5-1.6 sixty to do it.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Doable with a good driver. But you'll most likely need a 1.5-1.6 sixty to do it.
Agree! Also, OP plan on upgrading your clutch after a couple dozen runs or so. I went 11.86@115 with a 1.56 60' with a FR PP2 tune so LTH and a good tune should get you there. I dont know if you have ever ran a bias ply or not but there was a big learning curve for me. Once I finally figured them out, I became a huge fan of them! Good luck!

OP
OP
poncho@home

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Agree! Also, OP plan on upgrading your clutch after a couple dozen runs or so. I went 11.86@115 with a 1.56 60' with a FR PP2 tune so LTH and a good tune should get you there. I dont know if you have ever ran a bias ply or not but there was a big learning curve for me. Once I finally figured them out, I became a huge fan of them! Good luck!
I followed your build and results with great interest. Never ran bias-ply before. Have a decent amount of experience on drag radials and street tires with my Trans Ams back in the day. But those cars were all automatics. I've been driving manual for 30 years now, just not raced them.

I already have a set of M&H Bias 26"x8.5"x17" that I hope to get to the track with this year at basically stock power. All I have done so far is PP1 & CB005. I hope to get the BMR CB762, TCA048, H-Pipe, GT350 axles, FTBR shifter bracket and BG Syncro II done before I go to the track, but I don't have much time to dedicate to installing all that. I've started inquiring about just getting it all done for me.

As for the headers, tune, 2018 intake manifold and gears, that is next year or later, so I should be able to get some good seat time at these power levels and hopefully maximise the results. I'd love to see a sub 12 run once I get the hang of it and the colder air sets in. My home track is known for fast times in the fall, but low 12s would be a great accomplishment.

The only 1/4 mile runs I have from last season were a disaster, but some 1/8 runs from last fall showed promise. On 26" drag radials, not launching very aggressive and a 1.91 60ft I was able to run 8.3x in the 1/8 which translates to roughly 12.7-12.8. So I think with the bias ply, more aggressive at the line with hopes of 1.7x 60', that alone should result in a 12.3-12.5 run with the rule of thumb that 1/10th at the line is 2/10ths at the big end.

Just need to get some seat time, get used to the pre-stage routine using the factory line lock to properly warm up my tires and then send it! Hoping to find some time in September to go, but with family and housing projects ramping up, might not be possible :(
Sponsored