Post Your Mach 1 Pictures

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
that's parking is way too close for me! :cwl: I'm good with the M1 on driver's side but I'd be two empty parking lots away and walking an extra 10 minutes to the store :cwl:
I completely agree… when I parked, I was at least 10 spaces from the nearest car. After 45 minutes I was in parking lot hell. There was a Mexican restaurant there and they started packing them in due to there dinner hours.

If I can’t park away from everyone, I avoid parking the Shelby in the “door ding zone”.
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Only… January… 12…

2-1/2 more months till I can drive it again!! 😡😖

E7635C14-16BA-4096-8584-F82FDE1CCAE7.jpeg

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Only… January… 12…

2-1/2 more months till I can drive it again!! 😡😖

E7635C14-16BA-4096-8584-F82FDE1CCAE7.jpeg
Born & raised in Detroit… moved to the South over 35 years ago & if I had to wait till Spring to drive the S550, I believe I would either
move or sell the Mustang

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I've had so many issues on my 351W holley sniper swap. and it is on my DD. have not been able to drive it in 4 months due to various issues. hopefully will be done by this weekend. I am not sure that it is worth it.
That’s not good. What is the issue. We haven’t bought it yet. Is there a better choice?

Sponsored

1969 Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill Musser
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach 1, 2021 Mach 1 Chassis #4532
Vehicle Showcase
I've had so many issues on my 351W holley sniper swap. and it is on my DD. have not been able to drive it in 4 months due to various issues. hopefully will be done by this weekend. I am not sure that it is worth it.
I have a sniper and had problems too the key switch put a good power to unit all problems gone. let me know if this help remember it's a computer.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I thought you were on a winter wheel/tire setup for winter?
Yeah, that’s mainly for temperature… They put so much salt on the roads around here that my black truck looks white right now. I don’t like to drive the mustang when the roads are covered with salt dust. For the next couple months, they will be covered either with snow or salt.

00130E04-DD19-48F2-A616-1A0CF4636B99.jpeg

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
That’s not good. What is the issue. We haven’t bought it yet. Is there a better choice?
mostly fuel right now. I've been through 3 regulators in the last 4 months, now that that is working, I am having other fuel system issues as well. Some of it is not sniper issues so much as trying to put a finicky computer controlled precise system onto a 35 year old truck that has not had a resto done on it.

I had to pull it off for a year first time I put it on to chase down EMI/RFI issues. I would say in total, it ran me about 2500 bucks to complete, needed to replace the entire ignition system with modern aftermarket, and a $200.00 set of spark plug wires.

Now, once I get it running, I have to figure out something with the pedal, the pedal does not have enough play in it. push it about 1/2" and that is full throttle, and even that little bit is not smooth or easy.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
I have a sniper and had problems too the key switch put a good power to unit all problems gone. let me know if this help remember it's a computer.
EMI/RFI issues, fixed after spending another 1,000 bucks. now it is fuel issues, 3 pressure regualators, now I have a low pressure issue on the pump side, suspect just issues with it being an old truck. I think all the time the fuel system was open for work on other issues, some mud daubers or something got into a line and clogged it up there. gonna pull the tank to filter line, flush it an install another pressure gauge. should fix it now.

then I have some pedal feel issues to resolve, may be the angle of the throttle cable from the mount to the sniper. but I think i'll have to relocate the cable on the pedal to give it more movement than it has now. and after that, figure out why the lokar kick down cable isn't always kicking down the C6.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
mostly fuel right now. I've been through 3 regulators in the last 4 months, now that that is working, I am having other fuel system issues as well. Some of it is not sniper issues so much as trying to put a finicky computer controlled precise system onto a 35 year old truck that has not had a resto done on it.

I had to pull it off for a year first time I put it on to chase down EMI/RFI issues. I would say in total, it ran me about 2500 bucks to complete, needed to replace the entire ignition system with modern aftermarket, and a $200.00 set of spark plug wires.

Now, once I get it running, I have to figure out something with the pedal, the pedal does not have enough play in it. push it about 1/2" and that is full throttle, and even that little bit is not smooth or easy.
good to know....we are starting from scratch and will put in all new wiring harness etc. 68 is currently at body shop getting new metal so we still have time before selecting FI system. Thanks for the heads up. Did you ever contact Holley tech support or was that a waste of time?

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
good to know....we are starting from scratch and will put in all new wiring harness etc. 68 is currently at body shop getting new metal so we still have time before selecting FI system. Thanks for the heads up. Did you ever contact Holley tech support or was that a waste of time?
I did, mostly a waste of time.

The holley is the simplest setup, but it designed for chevy's. the ford dizzy in front messes it up, because that is where the ECU is located. I would consider the FI Tech or one of the more serious aftermarket setups. but go with something where the computer is not on the front of the throttle body 6" from the distributor. Holley has a nice port injection FI that has it's own intake with some nice long runners as well. Would recommend that if money is not an issue, it is a good bit more costly, 6k+ from my understanding to do everything. I am not sure how it works with a C4 or C6 trans though.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I did, mostly a waste of time.

The holley is the simplest setup, but it designed for chevy's. the ford dizzy in front messes it up, because that is where the ECU is located. I would consider the FI Tech or one of the more serious aftermarket setups. but go with something where the computer is not on the front of the throttle body 6" from the distributor. Holley has a nice port injection FI that has it's own intake with some nice long runners as well. Would recommend that if money is not an issue, it is a good bit more costly, 6k+ from my understanding to do everything. I am not sure how it works with a C4 or C6 trans though.
thanks....its my son's project so he's bearing most of the costs :cwl: and he's spent enough of my money already. we will be using the top loader 4 speed to start...also 68 vintage.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
thanks....its my son's project so he's bearing most of the costs :cwl: and he's spent enough of my money already. we will be using the top loader 4 speed to start...also 68 vintage.
here are pcitures of the install on my bronco. it is actually cleaned up alot as far as wiring as to what it was like stock, only 1 wiring harness and 1 ground wire are run to the engine, plus the ignition wire, the heater core hoses and vaccuum lines for a fully options truck (brakes, cruise controls, AC). I had to rotate the wire coming off the coil upwards from this picture. with it downward it was too close to the harness under that shelf I made and was getting EFI/RMI into the harness and shutting the engine off. with it pointed up it goes away.
1642086712055.png

1642086731013.png

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
here are pcitures of the install on my bronco. it is actually cleaned up alot as far as wiring as to what it was like stock, only 1 wiring harness and 1 ground wire are run to the engine, plus the ignition wire, the heater core hoses and vaccuum lines for a fully options truck (brakes, cruise controls, AC). I had to rotate the wire coming off the coil upwards from this picture. with it downward it was too close to the harness under that shelf I made and was getting EFI/RMI into the harness and shutting the engine off. with it pointed up it goes away.
1642086712055.png

1642086731013.png
thanks for the info! Will keep all this in mind when doing ours.