Sponsored

Posers

• Thread starter Deleted member 35644
  • Start date
  • Watchers 12

Deleted member 35644

Why does this bug me so much??? I guess being a poser, and being bad at it, gets on my nerves. I just want so bad to let this guy know what an idiot he looks like by doing this. Uuuugggggh.
Screenshot_20190312-214552_Gallery.jpg
Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
There was a guy parked in my complex that had an S197 with “BOSS” and “5.0” stickers poorly placed everywhere on the car.

He starts it up..... .....3.7.....

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I guess the real answer is badges are cheap, common sense is not.

OP
OP

Deleted member 35644

I don't know why it gets under my skin, but it does. There are SO many E350s driving around Dallas with AMG badges stuck on the trunk lid, and the 350 still in place!!! If you're going to be a big poser, at least buy the whole E63 badge kit. OMG it makes me insane. Thankfully I haven't seen a 2.3 or 3.7 with a 5.0 badge stuck on it yet, but I'm sure that day is coming. That may be the day my eyes roll back into my head and stay that way.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 35644

You might as well, Chevy will probably do it eventually. Beat them to the punch.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Thankfully I haven't seen a 2.3 or 3.7 with a 5.0 badge stuck on it yet, but I'm sure that day is coming. That may be the day my eyes roll back into my head and stay that way.
I tried to create one. I HATE alphanumeric badging, so looked for a V6 or EB owner to swap fenders with me. No takers. :frown:

Was really annoyed Ford didn't/doesn't have an S550 pony package with pony fender badges like the S197s did. Then I could swap since I need something to cover the holes for the 5.0s. Can't find aftermarket the right size and curved to match the fender. Eventually will have something custom made like Olive did or pay to have the holes filled and fenders repainted.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I'm looking at finding an SS badge for my Spark..........
Pick yourself up a fake car phone antenna while your at it. That was the rage when I lived in SD decades ago. And don't forget the "Baby on Board" sign to put in the rear window.

But first check to make sure all of those mods are C.A.R.B. compliant.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I used to get mad about this when I owned a 2005 E55 AMG.

But since then both Mercedes and BMW now have packages that add the AMG and M badges even on non AMG/M cars...so what difference does it make anymore?

I'm also older now and find more important things to care about.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
What's the difference between fake badging a car and wearing a pleather jacket? Let them dream. If it uplifts the person and motivates them to be something in life so be it. It gives them the hope to one day own the real thing. It's usually some young kid dreaming of champagne taste while living on a beer budget. Let them dream. It's a free country, We aren't living in a cast system that only allows people to wear certain hats at work based on their position in the company hierarchy. There are bigger things to get the tighty whitees in a twist over.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I don't know why it gets under my skin, but it does. There are SO many E350s driving around Dallas with AMG badges stuck on the trunk lid, and the 350 still in place!!! If you're going to be a big poser, at least buy the whole E63 badge kit.

For certain model years you can get an AMG styling package from MB and it will come with an AMG badge. I was a dealer tech for 11 years and I've seen actual poser packages roll in but there were original AMG badges as well.

thasuperdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Oddly, I'm ok with BMW, Merc or even Subaru owners for that matter adding a brand-appropriate badge to a car. But when I see a Civic DX with a 5.0 or M badge, I do point and laugh.

Just to play devil's advocate, how do you feel about STi, M or AMG owners debadging their cars so they look like a "sleeper"? STi owners swop trunks with WRX guys because they hate the huge wing, while the WRX guy is like, "no way, bro! hell yeah I'll swop wings with you!"

OP
OP

Deleted member 35644

Yeah, I've seen examples of where AMG has decided to dilute their brand. My cousin's C350 had AMG branded wheels on it. I guess I come from an era when AMG appeared on a car, it was something special in more ways than wheels and a body kit.

OP
OP

Deleted member 35644

Just to play devil's advocate, how do you feel about STi, M or AMG owners debadging their cars so they look like a "sleeper"? STi owners swop trunks with WRX guys because they hate the huge wing, while the WRX guy is like, "no way, bro! hell yeah I'll swop wings with you!"
Sleepers are awesome. I'd happily swap my STi wheels and trunk lid with a WRX guy. My favorite sleeper look was the Mustang LX 5.0 of the 90s. No ridiculous spoiler or ground effects, just the hardware. Loved that idea.

The "R" and "SiR" badges on Civic LXs has been out of control for years. An R with plastic wheel covers. Convincing.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Sleepers are awesome.
Yeah, I did not feel like a bad person for the fake magnetic pool service signs on the doors of my Syclone.
Sponsored