Sponsored

Pompano Ford is now CLOSED

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
FYI,
For some reason the always busy Pompano Ford owned by Holman who has been a legendary Ford dealer since the beginning has now closed. There is no further info. First their body shop closed a few years ago and now this. Anyone know what happened?
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
FYI,
For some reason the always busy Pompano Ford owned by Holman who has been a legendary Ford dealer since the beginning has now closed. There is no further info. First their body shop closed a few years ago and now this. Anyone know what happened?
they suck and I’m happy they closed. They made it impossible to get my cat lemon. They damaged my car multiple times and they just didn’t care. I think I have a post about it. This was the 2020 Mustang GT I had which finally Grieco of Delray was able to help with the buy back

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
At one point they installed a dyno there and were tuning cars in house...

Nvonstaden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
Mustang,Flex
Hey here’s the story ai heard from someone who worked there….Ford told the dealer to put new electric charging in for the the new cars coming out…so dealer applied to tje city of Pompano for permits…….denied…said the grid couldn’t support them……so they closed the dealership….they have another 10 miles south on same road….

Sponsored

OP
OP
IPOGT

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Hey here’s the story ai heard from someone who worked there….Ford told the dealer to put new electric charging in for the the new cars coming out…so dealer applied to tje city of Pompano for permits…….denied…said the grid couldn’t support them……so they closed the dealership….they have another 10 miles south on same road….
That doesn’t sound accurate….maybe they would have to add too much infrastructure to support the upgrade and based on sales and having other dealers in the area it may have not been worth it for them to pay to upgrade. I doubt that a few charging stations would bring down the entire city’s electrical grid to the point of not approving a permit since there are many commercial customers along that strip.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dodd
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP1
That doesn’t sound accurate….maybe they would have to add too much infrastructure to support the upgrade and based on sales and having other dealers in the area it may have not been worth it for them to pay to upgrade. I doubt that a few charging stations would bring down the entire city’s electrical grid to the point of not approving a permit since there are many commercial customers along that strip.
Not saying I have the correct answer but a friend of mine works for Rack Electric there in Boca Raton. They contract to install many, if not all the Tesla charging stations in FL. Anyway, when all these new places (dealers, shopping centers, gas stations, etc.) are going to their respective cities or whatever for permitting for charging station installs, those departments have to consider all the stations and the grid as a whole. So yeah, one or 10 charging stations aren't going to take the grid down but if 100 places are planning to install 10 chargers each, that could be a problem during peak demand.

A perfect example why EVs are not the future. Our grid can't support them. It's been decades behind in repairs and capacity. We went from #1 in the world to God knows how far down the ladder now but it's in terrible condition overall.

Glad I got my gas guzzling V-8. :sunglasses:

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Pompano Ford’s Mustang-guru service manager, Jeff, is now at Autonation Ford in Margate… FYI.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
That guy is far from being a Mustang Guru. Straight out garbage! đź‘Ž
What's your reason for saying that? Most people hold him in pretty high regard for working with them.

I didn't notice anything special when I went to him, but it was also just regular ol maintenance and not a warranty claim.

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That guy is far from being a Mustang Guru. Straight out garbage! đź‘Ž
I haven’t had any bad experiences with him. However, I’ve had bad experiences with two Ford dealerships in SFL.

I was referred to Jeff for a warranty issue and I felt he was taking care of me as a customer. Unfortunately, due to some stuff I won’t post here, he didn’t oversee the rest of my warranty claim. So I got crapped on either way by a second dealer that had my car two weeks and told me to pound sand.

But, that had zero percent to do with him.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
What's your reason for saying that? Most people hold him in pretty high regard for working with them.

I didn't notice anything special when I went to him, but it was also just regular ol maintenance and not a warranty claim.
There are a bunch of reviews saying how rude, unprofessional and racist this man is. He wanted to deny my warranty claim on my car because I didn’t buy it from their dealer, he said you didn’t buy from us so go back to the dealer you got it from. I bought the car from a Georgia dealer, wtf. Car only had 300 miles and all issues were built issues. One issue was never resolved so the car kept coming back for the same issue. When I contacted ford he would lie to them saying that my car was ready for days! so why didn’t they call me to bring back the loaner! I would call the dealer and asked for an update and they would tell me that they were still working on it. He made it hard for me to file a lemon law claim. They also damaged my car several times but thank god I always took pictures everytime I dropped it off so when we could compare my pictures and they agreed to fix it. They damaged different panels, interior trims and cut on the dash. Finally ford agreed to buy back the car after it had been on the dealer lots for over 90 days. This man is straight garage and so was everyone there.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
There are a bunch of reviews saying how rude, unprofessional and racist this man is. He wanted to deny my warranty claim on my car because I didn’t buy it from their dealer, he said you didn’t buy from us so go back to the dealer you got it from. I bought the car from a Georgia dealer, wtf. Car only had 300 miles and all issues were built issues. One issue was never resolved so the car kept coming back for the same issue. When I contacted ford he would lie to them saying that my car was ready for days! so why didn’t they call me to bring back the loaner! I would call the dealer and asked for an update and they would tell me that they were still working on it. He made it hard for me to file a lemon law claim. They also damaged my car several times but thank god I always took pictures everytime I dropped it off so when we could compare my pictures and they agreed to fix it. They damaged different panels, interior trims and cut on the dash. Finally ford agreed to buy back the car after it had been on the dealer lots for over 90 days. This man is straight garage and so was everyone there.
Sorry to hear that man. That sucks big time.

Can’t say I’ve had any good Ford dealer experience here. I was told Grieco Ft Lauderdale was a good place also for service, but not for buying.

Got my GT from Sawgrass and the buying process was so/so. My sales guy was fine but the manager was a dbag. Had 1 warranty claim that was fine (pre-Covid) and another that was related to a transmission noise they swept under the rug after keeping my car two days and putting 40 freaking miles on it. Someone probably drove it home.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
The guys at Greico Ft Lauderdale before the ownership change (used to Autonation iirc) pissed me off and messed up something with my car, can't even remember what it was but I don't go there anymore still.

Plantation Ford has been okay for the regular service visits.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Pompano Ford did damage my car too, drivers side frame, big paint chip. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored