Sponsored

Polar Vortex victims, stand up

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Hey guys, my car has been in storage for the winter and I haven't checked on it (it's 40 miles away). Did anyone experience any paint chipping issues due to the extremely negative zero temps that came through?
Sponsored

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Mines been sleeping since November and same for the past 2 winters. No issues with Paint at all. It gets to 0 here and colder. Same as your area im assuming.

OP
OP
nastang87xx

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Mines been sleeping since November and same for the past 2 winters. No issues with Paint at all. It gets to 0 here and colder. Same as your area im assuming.
Yes, it gets routinely around 0 or a bit under at times. This year though we hit -30......without the wind chill.

RedEcoJet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jerryallgire.com
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Ecoboost - Pre-Production #280 Product Planning & Styling Vehicle
Vehicle Showcase
Yes got to -15 F here and I was driving in it. EB started right up, no issues. It did take longer to warm up to normal temp. No flaking paint.

JerryA

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm a victim.

Car's safe though, stranded indoors since November. Heavy snow every other day is getting real old, and making me yearn badly for spring.....

Sponsored

OP
OP
nastang87xx

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yeah, Southeast Wisconsin got SMOLDERED by the cold. And it's not letting up anytime soon. There's big pub crawl that happens in Milwaukee every year for St. Patty's day in one week. It's going to be the coldest one since its inception if the forecast is accurate.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I've been driving in sub 0 temps for 3 winters now. No issues at all.

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in Minneapolis. I'm running out of places to put snow. We have set a record for the most snow in Feb and working towards the most snow in any month. I think we are now the 4th snowiest month ever. More coming. And it has been REAL cold. When they tell you in MN not to go outside due to the cold, you know it's very cold. My wife's school has been closed 4 days due to cold and snow.

My 17 Mustang GT PP has been setting in my heated garage for months. Took the car cover off once this season to show it to a contractor giving me an estimate for replacing the aging furnace in my garage. Chipping paint due to the cold? Hope I never need to find out. I will never be driving this car during the winter with those summer tires on it. Tried it once to get an oil change and regretted doing it when I had to get it back in my garage from the icy alley way. But it sure was fun to drive it again. Yeah, I'm still on the honey moon with this Mustang.