I got you, fam.
Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Nice job. I was actually a little surprised with your results, (in a good way).

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
great to see the results, been following the other thread a while now.

I think people are being confused by the tune and no tune versions. Correct me if I am wrong please.

The 'Tune' version uses your current MAF sensor and looks at the cars 'tune' to increase the air/fuel mix.
The 'no tune' version is with a supplied MAF sensor and updated table for airflow and communicates this increase to the stock PCM tune.

Think of the 'no tune' as 'no tune required' or a 'MAF tune', and the 'Tune' version as a stock MAF relying on an PCM tune.

Edit: see below for correction from dev1360

Last edited:
OP
OP
dev1360

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
great to see the results, been following the other thread a while now.

I think people are being confused by the tune and no tune versions. Correct me if I am wrong please.

The 'Tune' version uses your current MAF sensor and looks at the cars 'tune' to increase the air/fuel mix.
The 'no tune' version is with a supplied MAF sensor and updated table for airflow and communicates this increase to the stock PCM tune.

Think of the 'no tune' as 'no tune required' or a 'MAF tune', and the 'Tune' version as a stock MAF relying on an PCM tune.
Not quite. A MAF sensor needs to know the size of the tube that it is in to correctly translate the amount of air flowing through it. The "no tune" comes with a MAF sensor that already knows it is in a larger tube. The "tune" version uses your stock sensor and a tuner must program it to know it is inside of a larger tube. In the end, they are the same intake, using the same type of MAF sensor. One comes already tuned, the other needs tuned.

You can Google "maf transfer function" for further info on this.

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
Not quite. A MAF sensor needs to know the size of the tube that it is in to correctly translate the amount of air flowing through it. The "no tune" comes with a MAF sensor that already knows it is in a larger tube. The "tune" version uses your stock sensor and a tuner must program it to know it is inside of a larger tube. In the end, they are the same intake, using the same type of MAF sensor. One comes already tuned, the other needs tuned.

You can Google "maf transfer function" for further info on this.

ahh ok so a tuner will do the MAF and the PCM to get the results for the Tune version. I missed that part, thanks for the correction :)

but at least I got the basics right, 'no tune' (its done for you) or 'tune' (required) versions

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

Forgetting the impressive dyno results, how is it to drive over the stock intake on partial throttle, cold starts, throttle response and how did the noise change?

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
Finally some results.... would love to see what the tune version is capable of.. alreay heard that LUND has already been messing around with these...
I have one on the way for my car and I plan on doing some testing with it, though all my testing is done at the track. Can't guaranty any HP numbers at the moment, but the trap speed should show good gains. Already have my Lund tune revision!

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I have one on the way for my car and I plan on doing some testing with it, though all my testing is done at the track. Can't guaranty any HP numbers at the moment, but the trap speed should show good gains. Already have my Lund tune revision!
Quite a few people prefer track gains then dynos anyway. Dynos numbers are worthless to the hardcore enthusiast. The casual enthusiast care about dyno numbers.

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
Quite a few people prefer track gains then dynos anyway. Dynos numbers are worthless to the hardcore enthusiast. The casual enthusiast care about dyno numbers.
Yeah, I personally don't care much for dyno numbers but they can be a useful tuning tool. However, you'd be surprised with how much people really do care about dyno numbers. I try to explain to them to not put so much stock into it and just enjoy the car and take it to the track to really see how the car is performing. :cheers:

Dev, thanks for doing your testing on the dyno, should satisfy a lot of people to see independent results. :thumbsup:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Yeah, I personally don't care much for dyno numbers but they can be a useful tuning tool. However, you'd be surprised with how much people really do care about dyno numbers. I try to explain to them to not put so much stock into it and just enjoy the car and take it to the track to really see how the car is performing. :cheers:

Dev, thanks for doing your testing on the dyno, should satisfy a lot of people to see independent results. :thumbsup:
I think a lot of people care about dynos because the majority are more of a casual enthusiast. They have no interest in racing at the track multiple times a week. They care about meets and maybe an occasional street race. Hence why i label them casual. But i agree i typically ignore dynos

Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Would you look at that! It is also an open intake!

I am also waiting for the, "cold air intakes are a waste of money" and "it is just a hot air intake" people to chime in. :lol:

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
So does anyone have fun results with a tune and or a GT350 intake manifold?
There is at least one forum member with this intake and the GT350 manifold but I do not believe he has dynoed it but I will bet vs the stock airbox close to 20 whp gains in the higher RPMs due to greater airmass demands with the GT350 intake. Stock intake cars typically see 42-44lbs/min max but GT350 or similar manifold equipped cars should be seeing closer to 50-52lbs/min.

Jonas-RR-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
So real world results say it's no better than the rest of the current systems on the market.

JLT Claims 12-15whp over the stock box

Steeda Claims 22whp (still have yet to see an independent test)

Roush claims 10whp

Airaid ?

Flow charts, 1000+ post threads, function over form...and it makes the same power.

Needless to say pick which one you like the best in value, looks, customer support and options

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
So real world results say it's no better than the rest of the current systems on the market.

JLT Claims 12-15whp over the stock box

Steeda Claims 22whp (still have yet to see an independent test)

Roush claims 10whp

Airaid ?

Flow charts, 1000+ post threads, function over form...and it makes the same power.

Needless to say pick which one you like the best in value, looks, customer support and options
Manufacturer claims are one thing (especially when no dyno sheets are produced). Actual non-vendor produced numbers are another. JLT requires a tune - so very hard to say how much of that 12-15 is coming from the intake vs. the tune.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Manufacturer claims are one thing (especially when no dyno sheets are produced). Actual non-vendor produced numbers are another. JLT requires a tune - so very hard to say how much of that 12-15 is coming from the intake vs. the tune.
It's easy to just adjust the MAF only but leave the rest of the tune alone to get consistent before and after results.
Sponsored