PMAS Intake Systems from UPR Products. TUNE AND NO TUNE INTAKES

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
the only thing that makes me wonder is the use of the NT pmas intake on a car that has a modified maf xtransfer function...

Meaning the PCM has the MAF xtranfer function in it.. the NO tune PMAS sensor is recalibrated assuming that stock Xtranfer function is still in the PCM... How does it work with a re calibrated xtranfer function from the LUND tune? did you guys log AFR?
You shouldn't change the maf transfer function for a tune. the xfer is what it is. There is one for the stock airbox. This is the same xfer as our no tune kit. our tune kit has a different xfer. Nobody tuning a car with a stock airbox or our no tune kit should be changing the OEM xfer function.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
It'll be at the track again. But not without headers and a clutc . I'm happy with the results. 14whp isn't anything to scoff at.

And this was the PMAS "no tune" intake put on a tuned car with NO changes to the tune.
I am very tempted!

I would also want no tune version as I am JDM tuned on stock intake. I'd also do a before and after dyno.

Who can offer best deal shipped to UK on this intake please?

Does it make engine louder over stock intake?

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard

SAE correction should take the air out of the equation.
That's great but the numbers are meaningless because you didn't change your blinker fluid between runs.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I am very tempted!

I would also want no tune version as I am JDM tuned on stock intake. I'd also do a before and after dyno.

Who can offer best deal shipped to UK on this intake please?

Does it make engine louder over stock intake?
Hey man...this is steves thread (Upr), hes a vendor here thats selling it. Asking for other vendors price is rude. Shop around if you need that.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4

SAE correction should take the air out of the equation.
Great results, and thank you for sharing them with us! There is some nice engineering going on in the PMAS unit.

SloSVO

Village Idiot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
You shouldn't change the maf transfer function for a tune. the xfer is what it is. There is one for the stock airbox. This is the same xfer as our no tune kit. our tune kit has a different xfer. Nobody tuning a car with a stock airbox or our no tune kit should be changing the OEM xfer function.
So you are saying that using your NT "CAI" on a car that has been tuned by say Lund or Ken.. is just a bolt on affair?

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
So you are saying that using your NT "CAI" on a car that has been tuned by say Lund or Ken.. is just a bolt on affair?
As long as it was tuned for the stock airbox, yes. I personally would save the extra $100, get the tune required kit and have my tune modified.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
As long as it was tuned for the stock airbox, yes. I personally would save the extra $100, get the tune required kit and have my tune modified.
Thanks for all the input you are providing in this thread. I'm sure it's been discussed but I have a question regarding the tuned version. I see where a member here picked up 14 additional h/p w/the no tune.

How much should I expect to see wi/ a tuned version? I was on the dyno a couple of months ago and laid down 419 to the tire (Lund tune for E85 & Steeda CAI).

Thanks as I'm strongly leaning toward making this switch.
Sponsored