Sponsored

PMAS fitment (rubbing against top)

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I've had the PMAS for a few months now and had a couple of questions.

1) Does your PMAS make a slight whistling sound on acceleration? Mine does (high pitched sound). I checked and all connections looks tight. Reviewing the forums, seems like there isnt consensus on this. This was expected in my Turbo Audi with diverter valve, silicone hoses etc - was surprised to hear intake sound on an NA car (I like it).

2) My PMAS intake rubs slightly against the liner on the bottom of the hood. See picture. I tried pushing it down but doesnt seem to spring right back up. Any idea looking the the photos if this is normal or I need to make further adjustments? This maybe keeping the box from sealing properly.

P.S - Yes, I have run a pre-filter except race days. We've had a ton of forest fire smoke recently. Additionally, it paid dividends yesterday when I was washing the car at Brown Bear. When I went home I saw a bit of water was on the pre-filter (seeped it through the hood vents) so it did its job.
20180913_211411.jpg
20180913_211419.jpg
Sponsored

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
mine rubs pretty severely on the elbow, but not at the filter to my knowledge.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I have an older gen with the full heat shroud, and I see a small place where it rubs the elbow, but it is very minimal. You probably checked this, but make sure the elbow is rotated down as far as you can get it. That would require loosening the clamp at the TB and turning the elbow. It's a tight fit for sure!

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
I have an older gen with the full heat shroud, and I see a small place where it rubs the elbow, but it is very minimal. You probably checked this, but make sure the elbow is rotated down as far as you can get it. That would require loosening the clamp at the TB and turning the elbow. It's a tight fit for sure!
I'll recheck. I'm sure it moved when it was reinstalled last by the mechanic who replaced my TB. I'll double check....the general fitment of the PMAS leaves a little bit to be desired.

Sponsored

RubyRed PP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT PP Ruby Red
Mine rubs the top at same point. It does not hit the filter. I run the same pre-filter as well. Keeps the water off nicely.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
My PMAS tube actually separated itself from the elbow last night while driving. Make sure you intermittently check the clamps!
Sponsored