Sponsored

Please Help!!! My Fbo 2016 Mustang Needs More Umffffff!!!!

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
20 years old, wants more power, takes pictures of mirrors while racing. I mean it's an automatic, I guess.

What can go wrong?

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
20 years old, wants more power, takes pictures of mirrors while racing. I mean it's an automatic, I guess.

What can go wrong?
Should we show him how to disconnect the nannies for a "real driver experience"?

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I was wondering about that. All drivetrain bolt ons but no mention of suspension or tires. To your point, what good is more power if you cannot get it to the ground?
Exactly. It's something that's so overlooked. My stock 2019 pp1 m6, with traction control on, will break loose. I'd imagine the automatic, with the 3.55, struggles even more. Gotta feeling his "buddy" is just mashing the pedal and spinning up through second, much to the OP's chagrin to admit otherwise. The power pack, or equivalent, is the extent I'd go before looking at fatter tires and suspension work.

If it was a stock a10 (without the shorter gearing of the pp1) then I'd believe it being close. But an a10 with e85 vs the lackluster automatic of the gen2? OP shouldn't stand a chance. I guess there's the possibility that the tune is poorly dialed in and the car is making less power than stock, but who knows. Driver error is the simplest answer. To the OP's credit, they may be an above average driver as well.

That's kooky talk. FI first, then your lack of driving skill, suspension, good tires will take you straight into the ditch. How else are you gonna become a youtube superstar?
I heard the legends speak of people eating tide pods. Some say you can even drink bleach you may cure covid and cancer. Youtube would love to document such tales of heroism.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Adding a good quality set of long tube headers and updated tune would be one of the next best less expensive options in my opinion depending on how far you are looking to go of course. Otherwise my personal preference would be stepping up to a supercharger such as the Whipple system we use in our 2015-17 Mustang GT S660 package. Something like this is worth upwards of 225 additional HP on an otherwise stock vehicle running at least 93 octane and can be done on the stock engine still. Also includes a 3 year 36k warranty when installed by our highly trained technicians at our facility of course. From there you can move up to the S690 package with the billet throttle body which has proven even more impressive gains in upwards of 275 hp.

Here's a link to the S660 package installed at our facility for more info and pricing.
https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP0108529