Sponsored

Please help me pick the right options

GasPedal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium | Race Red
So I've been in the market for a auto Mustang GT Premium to daily drive/have fun with on the weekends.

I started looking at 2015's but I couldn't find a decent one under $25K and OTD would've been $29K. I then discovered the 401a package in the 2018 and the active exhaust which I think is pretty sweet and started finding those in the $40K range after discounts. Well I don't know what happened but I saw one with PP1 and Mageneride for $45K and I started to justify my desire to race/autocross the car with these upgrades. I'd say I'll probably autocross 3 times a year - and the rest is going to be finding nice backroads and cruising.

If I do autocross at least 3x a year - will I fry my brakes and other parts of the non-PP mustang? The last thing I want to do is not buy the PP and be at the same cost in replacement parts in 12 months.

edit: btw, where the hell do you find your deals!? It's hard enough getting the price down but finding the car I like is damn near impossible. I think I've seen the sticker for every single 2018 GT Premium in Automatic in this country. I hate the fact that so many come with the adaptive cruise control feature for another $1,600 rather than Magneride.
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
If you join the Mustang Club of America for a few $$ a year you can get X-Plan pricing.

Some dealers also are willing to take off more than just what their sticker says.

I also really hate having lots of options I don't want. I would rather NOT have 1 option I'd like to NOT have lots I don't want.

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
If your going to track the car, I would check out a PP2, a few dealers starting to get them now and it comes with track tires ready to go, but you'll want to get some street tires for daily driving or occasional joy rides. You'll be in the 43-53 range with a PP2 depending on what you want for options, x-plan plus rebates should net you 4-5k off that sticker. Mine was stickered around 51, out the door in the 45k range (Premium w/ 401A, Active Exhaust, PP2 package, etc....).
Sponsored