• Hyperbox with Lund Tune

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
Ken spent a lot of time working with the sct this past weekend to help on evolving the tune with their limitations. the few customers that have updated have been happy with the results.
If this is true, I will contact Lund. Sounds like Stoli is other guy that has the same problems as me.
Sponsored

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
If this is true, I will contact Lund. Sounds like Stoli is other guy that has the same problems as me.
I could be wrong but it sounds like the issue lies with SCT needing to unlock the other parameters.

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
Don't forget theres also the Diablosport tuner, they offer 2 different types. May not be a bad choice, just need more input on these.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Since I'm sticking with Lund and having Ken dyno tune for me, I just went with that they recommended.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
problem is most good tuners will not use diablo as diablo does not protect the tune

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
problem is most good tuners will not use diablo as diablo does not protect the tune
I was wondering about the procharger, which comes with the diablo, but I have the X4. Having Lund tune that, which tuner would be best recommended? Hyperbox? X4?

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I would honestly wait, I know its hard to do. Allow for things to get better and allow for more options and things to get worked out. Some people may say datalogging is outdated, but I like to see whats going on with my car to know it's safe. A shop/tuner may have a good reputation but it would but my mind at ease knowing whats going on than taking their word for it.
Probably the best advice. The tuners still seem to be dialing things in, and we are still waiting for new devices to come out of development as well. Plus, prices are a bit high on a lot of mods when compared to S197 upgrades. Maybe by the time the 2016's hit, we won't have to pay the early adopter "tax" on everything.

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Since I'm sticking with Lund and having Ken dyno tune for me, I just went with that they recommended.
Pretty much what I'm going to do, been talking to another rep at TBR and they recommended the SCT, going to call in my order as soon as I run out to the bank and deposit my cash (can't leave it in the bank, not good at saving money)

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Then later down the road if I have the cash I'll get the nguage and sell the SCT.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Thank you all for your input. I just placed my order at TBR for a SCT with a Lund tune and Black paint matched JLT intake with a red filter. Mod can close this thread if they wish or leave open for further discussion.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Thank you all for your input. I just placed my order at TBR for a SCT with a Lund tune and Black paint matched JLT intake with a red filter. Mod can close this thread if they wish or leave open for further discussion.
thanks for the biz!!!

:)

Mustang_Owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Roush
I have a SCT x4 brand new in the box. Was hoping to use it with my supercharger install, but if I go with Procharger, they have the Diablosport and I need to get rid of it. I paid $400 for it. I might still be able to return it to american muscle, but I'm not sure what their return policy is. I also might be able to reuse it with the Procharger if I go with a 'custom tune' from the install shop, but I'm not sure if this is even possible. If I can reuse it, I'm hoping to get some kind of 'tuner kit' on my SC to save the cost of the un-needed tuner.

If I can't use it on my SC and can't return it, I'm willing to sell it for $350. It has never been powered on or plugged in.

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Well I got my SCT and JLT in last week. Tune is awesome, and JLT looks great. Want to thank Terry for awesome service, truly great customer service. Enjoying my stang even more than before.

Sponsored