Please Help!! CEL Mystery!!

YouEnvyMe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Procharged
Just bought a 2016 Mustang GT, Procharger d-1sc. Check engine light is on (code P0315) Crankshaft position sensor relearn. Have had to 2 performance shops, they are confused. First time trying to reset it, didn't even ask them to rev the car but said relearned, CEL blinked twice but never went off. Tried again, revd but failed, I have tried about 20 times with an SCT tuner, didn't work, wasted $450... Shops said they are doing more research and made a few calls while I was there but nothing so far. Asked if the clutch was replaced recently, it was not. This car is two days old to me so I don't have the best knowledge of it history. There is a full write up on the car from Blackdog performance but that tells me nothing abouts its history. Any questions to anything done to it, I will put the link below. Here's the weird part to me: I have also accessed the Engineering Mode on the dash cluster and the DTC section is BLANK!!!!! The car is not showing any codes active or in the history on the DTC screen. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this or has anyone ever dealt with this issue and how did you fix it??? Please help, I just want the damn light off. Not to mention, I cannot pass emissions with that light on! Thank you in advance for any help!

https://www.blackdogperformancecars...duct_id=29/category_id=31/mode=prod/prd29.htm

No DTC Codes.jpg
Sponsored

Oxford19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0GT PP
Had this happen to me. Did a crank relearn after my SC install using the HP RTD software and even though said success would never clear. Tried reloading maps etc. to no avail. Had to get Palm Beach to send me a new revised map to get it to clear. Went out, but all of my monitors like o2 and cats wouldn’t read afterwards so I assume they have to get into some deeper settings a bit to clear. So I asked for another revision after the light was out to get everything up to speed again. Annoying, but at least things are set now lol. My lesson, I’m not relearning again until I think I reeeaallly need to.

OP
OP

YouEnvyMe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
So they just sent you a new, revised tune and it made the light go out?!

Oxford19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0GT PP
So they just sent you a new, revised tune and it made the light go out?!
Yup, loaded a new map to shut it off. They sent me one that was supposed to fix it, didn’t work and let them know. Had a new map in like 10 min after that, worked like a champ. The CEL from a crank relearn problem is deeply embedded into the programming from everything I’ve read, some Ford dealers have even had problems. This is why I’m assuming tuners get into the car software pretty deep.

OP
OP

YouEnvyMe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for your advice on this one!!! Completely retuned the car and the CEL is GONE!!!!!! Not to mention after data logging and looking at fuel and air levels, whoever tuned the car before was garbage. Pulled about 50+ more hp, 1st and 2nd gear acceleration bucking is gone and it drives like a new car!!! Fuel level is solid all the way through to red line. THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!
Sponsored