Goatdad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp Orange GT PP 6M
[/URL][/IMG]

I received this x pipe from LMR today and see a concern. I know to reuse the factory clamp in the front but in the rear mine flares out as though you slip the factory pipe into the x pipe. Is this the case? In all the pics and videos I don't see the outward flare, the x and factory pipes look to just but together and seal the gap with the included strap clamps. If the factory pipe were to slip into the x I would need different clamps. The exterior of the x pipe flare is 2.7in. These clamps won't wrap around anything larger than 2.5im. ? Do they but up against in the back or slip inside one another? Thanks for any advice offered.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Goatdad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
you SURE the clamps don't stretch a little more?

if all you got was a cross pipe, it should just replace the suitcase straight up.

also, WHICH xpipe from lmr?
SVE x pipe.
It just appears they should be crimped in on one end and straight (no crimp or flare) on the back end??

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
rear muffler pipes slip into the end of the X-pipe as far as you can get them

Pry that clamp open more to get it around the flared end of the X-pipe, the clamp needs to go over both the flared end of the X pipe and the factory muffler pipes to seal it all. Just putting it on the muffler pipe would do nothing.

Also, expect you'll need at least a tack-weld at that seam to keep your mufflers from drooping. That style of clamp may not be strong enough to keep things from rotating, and the way the mufflers hang, there is a twisting force at your new clamped joint. That was my experience anyway.

OP
OP

Goatdad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
rear muffler pipes slip into the end of the X-pipe as far as you can get them

Pry that clamp open more to get it around the flared end of the X-pipe, the clamp needs to go over both the flared end of the X pipe and the factory muffler pipes to seal it all. Just putting it on the muffler pipe would do nothing.

Also, expect you'll need at least a tack-weld at that seam to keep your mufflers from drooping. That style of clamp may not be strong enough to keep things from rotating, and the way the mufflers hang, there is a twisting force at your new clamped joint. That was my experience anyway.
Awesome, thank you. I'll take your advise and weld next week too.
Matt
Sponsored