Sponsored

Picking Out a 2015 V6: A Piece at a Time

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
minus the fact that 051a is more than just the wheels.

good luck finding a set of those wheels for $155
Those wheels are a $155 upgrade on all versions but the V6. Only on the V6 do you have to buy a $995 package of other junk that no one wants to get them. They're a $155 upgrade on the eB and GT. And the optional $395 3.55 axle ratio adds no content at all. It's just a mathematical ratio for the gears. You give up the 3.15 and get the 3.55. Nothing tangible.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Those wheels are a $155 upgrade on all versions but the V6. Only on the V6 do you have to buy a $995 package of other junk that no one wants to get them. They're a $155 upgrade on the eB and GT. And the optional $395 3.55 axle ratio adds no content at all. It's just a mathematical ratio for the gears. You give up the 3.15 and get the 3.55. Nothing tangible.
A power seat is junk? I like to have some modern things in my car and just because you don't like the 3.55 gears doesn't mean other people feel the same way. It seems like you just need to go get a base Toyota Corolla if you want it all so simple.

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
A power seat is junk? I like to have some modern things in my car and just because you don't like the 3.55 gears doesn't mean other people feel the same way. It seems like you just need to go get a base Toyota Corolla if you want it all so simple.
Junk. It sucks up headroom and I can't put my amplifier under the driver's seat. I just want to slide back. Not go up.

Cades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
clearly plenty of other people want that "junk".

just because you don't doesn't change the FACT that the package is more than just wheels/tires for $995.

Sponsored

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
I personally didn`t want the 3:55 Axle (even) if it was offered for "free". I`m more interested in a low RPM quiet highway ride and a bit more fuel economy then shaving a second off my quarter mile run as I previously stated. True, my past Vehicles with Fog Lamps were used only a hand full of times but they certainly look a hell of a lot better then those "in your face" Black Knock Out Plugs they stick into the fascia where the Lamps were supposed to be. Power Driver Seat? My very first Vehicle after purchasing 23 (New) Cars in the past, yeah, I could take or leave. The "Lumbar Support" does add extra comfort on long drives though. The "Blade Spoiler", well, I won`t go there. I ordered Spoiler Delete , Option 13D. Those that have followed my previous Posts already know my sentiments regrading "Spoilers" of any kind. I would have paid several hundreds of dollars to (not) have the damn Spoiler attached! I`d personally order the Spare Tire and Jack for the extra $195. Sure, you might add and extra 35-40 pounds of weight in the trunk but so would and extra passenger, dog, or bag or groceries. In the end, Order what you want / or need. Your paying for it, Cheers!

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
I personally didn`t want the 3:55 Axle (even) if it was offered for "free". I`m more interested in a low RPM quiet highway ride and a bit more fuel economy then shaving a second off my quarter mile run as I previously stated. ...!
Smart man.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smart man.
Too bad about the Wisconsin Badgers lose Monday night a the NCAA Mens Basketball Championship Game held in Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN. I was there to see Duke beat them but at the very least, they took down the Dragon with the perfect season, Kentucky! Maybe Wisconsin`s lose was do to all the bad karma created by Wisconsin`s Gov Scott Walker? Just saying.....:cheers:

justang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura TL
Junk. It sucks up headroom and I can't put my amplifier under the driver's seat. I just want to slide back. Not go up.
How much lower can the manual seat go? I like to sit as low as possible so this is an added bonus I didn't even realize.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much lower can the manual seat go? I like to sit as low as possible so this is an added bonus I didn't even realize.
How about about removing the carpeting and the insulation padding under the seat itself? That should lower the seat by at least an inch or two?:headbonk:

Sponsored

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
Manual seats usually afford about 1/2"-1" extra headroom.

Gabriox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 bmw 325xi
what are the diffrent v6 trim models? and those the v6 have remote start? (out side the car)

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Here are some pics I found of one of my current sets on S197 Mustangs. I think they will look even better on the S550. Wedssport TC-005 18x8 et 42. I'll throw some sticky 255s on them.

http://themustangsource.com/forums/...edsport-tc005-18x10-front-rear-pics-alloy.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l301/phorty89/2006 GT/IMG_2952.jpg

http://themustangsource.com/forums/...005-18x10-front-rear-pics-img_0803-large-.jpg
If you get those 17 in stock wheels I'd think about buying them from you as I would want to put snow tires on them for winter. Let me know your thoughts on this :ford:

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Smart man.
Jeez.. Will you just BUY a car already? As to the 051A package, I have it on mine and I love the wheels! I get so many compliments on them and well I need fog lights where I live as I don't need Deer stuck in my grill or worse. The fogs throw a lot of light to the sides which is perfect for the dark roads I have to drive on. The power seat? Well it makes it all that much easier when my wife takes her out as she's short and having a very adjustable seat works really well. So the package is really important and definitely not a waste for me. I also have the 3.15 gears for better hwy mileage and this car is damn fast enough for me :) :ford::clap2::clap2:

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual seats usually afford about 1/2"-1" extra headroom.
Wow, really? I`m actually loosing between 1/2` and 1`` of headroom with my Power Driver Seat over the Manual Seat? Holy Crapola! I guess if you weigh 200 lbs or more like myself, it really doesn`t matter much since the seat gets depressed that much just by sitting on the cushion. Maybe thats why I wasn`t overly concerned about the "added" weight of the 40 lb Spare Tire and Jack Option.
Sponsored