Picked up 2018 GT 10AT, some questions

zsz1992418

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Triple Yellow 10AT, 301A, PP, Active Exhaust, Magneride
Picked up the car this Friday. Haven't really drove a lot, but really enjoy it, particularly for a guy coming from a Accord.
2018 GT 10AT, 301A, PP, Active Exhaust, Magneride, Triple Yellow.

So I am a noob on after markets stuff, want to check here.
1. I see people here replace the stock spring a lot. Do I need to(people says it's day and night) and how?
2. My salesman tried to sell Cilajet to me for $1000. I didn't take it but sounds a bit interesting to me. Does it worth the price and take effect in long term?
3. I am also interested in OTT stripe.
Something like this:
2015-gt-yel-gls-blk-matte-char-full-narrow-lrg.jpg

Salesman say he know a buddy can do that and charge me for 2000. This sounds quite a lot to me. What's the common price, and if any recommendation on workshop is even better. I am in south bay area.
4. I assume any of the above changes will not break any factory warranty, right?
Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
You salesman is a piece of work. $1000 for $35 wax. Google big worm graphics for those stripes for under $300.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
You salesman is a piece of work. $1000 for $35 wax. Google big worm graphics for those stripes for under $300.
Agreed. I bought them and installed them. All it was is patience. Piece of cake.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
"Piece of work" is a very nice way of putting it Mike. :) OP, he's just looking for a sucker. Buy yourself any quality brand of wax, and look for the stripes elsewhere.

Sponsored

OP
OP

zsz1992418

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Thank you guys! I guess the salesman was trying to brainwash me for some extra profit, but never thought it's that much. Those price makes much more sense now.
How about spring, any comments?

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up the car this Friday. Haven't really drove a lot, but really enjoy it, particularly for a guy coming from a Accord.
2018 GT 10AT, 301A, PP, Active Exhaust, Magneride, Triple Yellow.

So I am a noob on after markets stuff, want to check here.
1. I see people here replace the stock spring a lot. Do I need to(people says it's day and night) and how?
2. [...]
Every suspension modification to a Mustang results in a trade-off. You want better handling and a smaller wheel/fender gap, you lose some comfort, ground clearance, and accept some NVH compromises. I have no experience with the very advanced Magneride, but I'll guess it's well-finished by Ford.

Drive your car for a few months, look around, listen up, before making any substantive changes. That way you'll avoid doing and undoinig and redoing mods, which becomes very expensive very quickly. Take my word for it.

OP
OP

zsz1992418

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Every suspension modification to a Mustang results in a trade-off. You want better handling and a smaller wheel/fender gap, you lose some comfort, ground clearance, and accept some NVH compromises. I have no experience with the very advanced Magneride, but I'll guess it's well-finished by Ford.

Drive your car for a few months, look around, listen up, before making any substantive changes. That way you'll avoid doing and undoinig and redoing mods, which becomes very expensive very quickly. Take my word for it.
Make a lot sense to me. I would drive for several month before any real mods.
BTW, glad to see you do the same color as I do :)

OP
OP

zsz1992418

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Thanks again for all the information.
I am working with a local wrap/graphics shop named Vinyl ink for the stripe work. Hope they could have a descent rate.

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
Don’t mess with Magnaride or you will be unhappy. Big Worm stripes are the way to go for under $300. Quality install another $300.

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Congrats a rare colour :like: I would go with the OTT Stripes as it looks stunning also I would lower the car by fittings gt350 springs will and feel a lot better :like:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Thanks again for all the information.
I am working with a local wrap/graphics shop named Vinyl ink for the stripe work. Hope they could have a descent rate.
Don't do stripes, they look ghetto. Low-rent.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Don’t mess with Magnaride or you will be unhappy. Big Worm stripes are the way to go for under $300. Quality install another $300.
You can't lower magneride without using Ford's specific springs, and they only lower the car something like 1/2" or less. It's wasted money.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
I’ve got the FP GT350 springs to go with my Magneride. 20mm drop all round. No detrimental effects (feel good to me).

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
You can't lower magneride without using Ford's specific springs, and they only lower the car something like 1/2" or less. It's wasted money.
That's not even close to true.

BMR, Steeda, Eibach and FP all have springs for magneride, and they pretty much all drop the car .7". There's also more to springs than just a drop, different spring rates will change the handling characteristics, depends what your requirements are.
Sponsored