Sponsored

Photo Upload Sizes

OzMustang S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
Build 07/2018 Mustang GT 6spM (Magnetic)
I’ve previously searched and endeavoured to find an answer to this question but to no avail, so asking again in a general post. It’s a tad frustrating when trying to post photographs (JPEG) to sometimes get a message saying ’The unloaded image is too big (dimensions ??) or ‘The unloaded image is too large’ (file size MB?). These are not huge files I’m trying to upload (they will upload to FaceBook no problems), but some/many get ‘rejected” on M6G. I resize rejected image smaller to the point quality is diminished to an unacceptable level (i.e. KB’s/postage stamp size).

Does anyone perhaps know the ACTUAL photo upload size limits (pixels width/height and file size)?
1689491170464.png
Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I’ve previously searched and endeavoured to find an answer to this question but to no avail, so asking again in a general post. It’s a tad frustrating when trying to post photographs (JPEG) to sometimes get a message saying ’The unloaded image is too big (dimensions ??) or ‘The unloaded image is too large’ (file size MB?). These are not huge files I’m trying to upload (they will upload to FaceBook no problems), but some/many get ‘rejected” on M6G. I resize rejected image smaller to the point quality is diminished to an unacceptable level (i.e. KB’s/postage stamp size).

Does anyone perhaps know the ACTUAL photo upload size limits (pixels width/height and file size)?
1689491170464.png
In the early days I got this info.
Image Attachment Size For Forum.png

OP
OP
OzMustang S550

OzMustang S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
Build 07/2018 Mustang GT 6spM (Magnetic)
Image Attachment Size For Forum.png
PK thank you for this info though I think it may be out-dated. The portrait image below (jpg) is 2252 x 3600 5.06MB attached as a file and uploaded OK.

The landscape images (slightly larger in dimensions and size) would not upload with no reason given, so I've 'added' them as a screen dump. This may be my best upload method (please advise on uploaded quality).

So I'm still looking for the maximum actual size parameters.
1689738811682.png
1689738362590.png

20230712_155827-Edit-Edit (Lr8)-2.jpg

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
PK thank you for this info though I think it may be out-dated. The portrait image below (jpg) is 2252 x 3600 5.06MB attached as a file and uploaded OK.

The landscape images (slightly larger in dimensions and size) would not upload with no reason given, so I've 'added' them as a screen dump. This may be my best upload method (please advise on uploaded quality).

So I'm still looking for the maximum actual size parameters.
1689738811682.png
1689738362590.png

20230712_155827-Edit-Edit (Lr8)-2.jpg
The quality of your photos looks great to me!

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I am, as usual, late to the party folks. <smile>

Thanks for that, Peter and I sure wish the current limits were posted here somewhere and if anyone comes across said info, please let us know.

Coincidentally, I saw the same question come up on another forum this morning so I decided to do some testing on both.

I upsampled the attached image incrimentally until I hit the road block and that was approximately 8.2mb. I didn't test for pixel dimension limits but my guess is that actual file size is the ultimate determining factor, at least for images.

I also didn't test for image file types other than .JPG but I'm fairly sure that any "bitmapped" image such as .PNG, .TIF, .GIF, .BMP and WebP will post and, will have the same limits.

No dice on layered or otherwise proprietary file types such as .PSD, and I also don't know if RAW, .EPS, .PDF, .AI, .CDR, etc. will post but I'll bet not. (Ran out of coffee so I had to conclude the testing.) <grin>

Bottom line, the forum will accept JPG's, etc., from any phone camera and even many current mirrorless models as long as you keep the file size below 8mb.
Sponsored