Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Up until today my cell phone would automatically hook up to car phone system
Todayi had to go thru phone settings and click on connect.how can I connect like I I used to
Sponsored

OP
OP
Torched10

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Need a little more details. Are you using Sync or Android Auto/Apple Carplay? What phone model would also be helpful. In general, I'd do a restart of the phone, and make sure everything is up to date.
I'm using sync.verizon is carrier,phone is lg 6.i went thruvsettings again and noticed blue tooth was turned off.i turned it back on.would that cause the problem,wife is incar right now so can't testt my theory

DClarkNV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium, 2021 Mach 1, M3892, FJG
Need a little more details. Are you using Sync or Android Auto/Apple Carplay? What phone model would also be helpful. In general, I'd do a restart of the phone, and make sure everything is up to date.
This...

My wife's cell phone would connect but not recognize her contacts in our Edge. Rebooting the phone (android) not only fixed the problem, the phone recognized texts and emails that were just sitting in the "cloud" for some reason.

Also seems like a good idea to turn off the phone at least once a week and let it reboot, unless you turn it off each night anyway.

OP
OP
Torched10

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
That's likely your issue. Test it and report back when you can.
Yeah that was it.bluetoooth has to be on on,cell to auto connect.but something weird happens.i use USB stick with a 1000 songs on it.so after starting car phone connected,but when I looked for my usb stick it
Said it couldn't find it.so I turned off blue tooth on cell and sync found the stick.si now I'm thinking it's one or the other,ie hands free calling or usb,poor choice.so rurnedon blue tooth again.and sync found usb stick fine,I'm now back to where I was a connected phone and 1000 songs.being an electrical engineer I can't figure it out,I'm,guessing if blue tooth is on it won't let you change sources.for some reason my radio was tuned to FM,and as I said when I tried to change source it could find usb with blue tooth on.but if I have blue tooth on,and source is same as it was ie usb,it plays fine,phone is connected.andbim happy.weird though

OP
OP
Torched10

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
It's just that, USB and Bluetooth are two separate sources, which can't be used simultaneously. Same as how you can't play AM and FM stations at the same time. The complicated bit is that you can use the phone for phone stuff while simultaneously using a different source for audio. The system probably got this mixed up and thought you wanted to use the phone for both.
Thanks,understand maybe that's why I can't use Google maps and play my usb at same time in 2 cars well for now it's letting me listen to my usb my car and use phone at same time guess once source is selected blue tooth isn't a factor,it's just when you're looking for a device,like my usb

Sponsored

OP
OP
Torched10

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
It's just that, USB and Bluetooth are two separate sources, which can't be used simultaneously. Same as how you can't play AM and FM stations at the same time. The complicated bit is that you can use the phone for phone stuff while simultaneously using a different source for audio. The system probably got this mixed up and thought you wanted to use the phone for both.
Thanks,understand maybe that's why I can't use Google maps with audio and play my usb at same time in 2 cars well for now it's letting me listen to my usb my car and use phone at same time guess once source s selected blue tooth isn't a factor,it's just when you're looking for a device,like my usb

OP
OP
Torched10

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Thanks,understand maybe that's why I can't use Google maps with audio and play my usb at same time in 2 cars well for now it's letting me listen to my usb my car and use phone at same time guess once source s selected blue tooth isn't a factor,it's just when you're looking for a device,like my usb
Also explains why audio system cuts off when I make it get a call.very helpful
Sponsored