Performance Package No Longer Available 2020

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Although I did see yesterday that it looks like 2021's have a lot more tech in them and I'd rather mine have as little extra doo-dads as possible.
There are only two changes for 2021. One is the Co-Pilot 360 which are the existing safety items + the S&S package. Nothing new here as the features have been around for quite some time. Some consider them doo-dad's, other consider them to be essential. Your mileage may vary.

The other new feature for 2021 is a front and rear Belt Minder® safety belt reminder system and rain-sensing wipers. So no major changes. Still your decision as to which was to go.

By the way Cobra Jet has a thread on buybacks. It's an interesting read. You really have to stay on them. Daily if necessary.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...law-for-their-s550.59015/page-26#post-2892101
Sponsored

OP
OP
mustangpegasus51

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Okay, welp talked to Ford RAV. So far my options are...

1) Get a repurchase, take a hit if I go for an equivalent vehicle that I want. (as I got mine at a decent discount.)

2) Get a replacement vehicle but not necessarily what I want from a local lot.

3) Get a local dealer to transfer an out-of-state car. (It will be very difficult to find two dealership willing to agree with this as part of a buyback collateral swap.)

4) Custom order a 2021 if possible in a different color and a bunch of features I don't want or need. This is my last resort somewhat as I have the most time to think it over; 2021's don't even go into production until January.

I could blame Ford completely but I don't think these options would vary differently for a different manufacturer. Leaning towards #1 as the short term loss for long term enjoyment is worth it.

Also wanted to thank @Bikeman315 for the thread recommendation. I read it before but it seems there's some newer posters with more recent experiences that seem pretty spot on. One of them in there tried option #3 above and surprise it fell through. So yeah, options are still get a repurchase and get out-of-state car (or anything, really) or go replacement -- scrounging locally or a custom order.

Last edited:

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
When I did my buy back on the 2019 it was simple
I could replace it with anything if it was more they did MSRP to MSRP you pay the difference or they give you a check back for everything you paid out for plus a coupon code for $2,500 off next Ford purchase in 6 months
I took the check and discount
ch.jpg

OP
OP
mustangpegasus51

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
@Decanes yeah check is honestly the easiest way. I think dealers only do collateral swaps if the owner isn't picky on a replacement. If you are it makes the process complicated unless I just take the money and run.

So the discount is 2500? My RAV rep said 1500 and I laughed.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Hey All!

So my vehicle has been approved for buyback and I was looking into getting a replacement via custom order. Order was submitted earlier this week, but word from Ford is that they're not making any more PP1 cars for 2020.

I have essentially one day to make a decision -- do I get non-PP with grabber lime, and buy performance parts aftermarket, or make the gamble on another paint color and paint to grabber lime if I want to at a later date? Any and all feedback welcome!
Do you think maybe it's just to late in the season, and they are not building 2020s.

I make the case, Nov 2019 ordered my car 2020 GT PP2, it took longer to cycle thru the assembly line.

Like most manufactures, offering different models, of the same product . They fill the most common, highest in demand (volume) first.

Customers want everything now, is the reason it's structured that way. The rest of us that can wait for what we want are all good with it.

Another example the 350 & 500, hell those folks wait almost a full year, but they have the ass kicking car they want.

Just to add if you think you can buy a base model and pump it up with after market parts... count on this in the end the cost will be min 30% greater.

Had you not just ordered the car you want in the first place.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
@Decanes yeah check is honestly the easiest way. I think dealers only do collateral swaps if the owner isn't picky on a replacement. If you are it makes the process complicated unless I just take the money and run.

So the discount is 2500? My RAV rep said 1500 and I laughed.
they gave me $2,500
then I used x-plan and discount and bought a new one
sticker was 49,9XX and I paid 41,200

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
I think the problem is the dealer you are talking to wants to make money
your RAV team just wants to know the vin number of the car you want can come from any dealer and shipped to local dealer

OP
OP
mustangpegasus51

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Do you think maybe it's just to late in the season, and they are not building 2020s.

I make the case, when I ordered my car GT PP2, it to longer to cycle thru the assembly line.

Like most manufactures, offering different models, of the same product . They fill the most common, highest in demand (volume) first.

Customers want everything now, is the reason it's structured that way. The rest of us that can wait for what we want are all good with it.

Another example the 350 & 500, hell those folks wait almost a full year, but they have an ass kicking car in the end.
They were building 2020's. I was actually ordering a GL without PP but cancelled as I like the PP1 package; they likely just ran out of PP1 parts allocated to 2020 production as you are correct in that it was near the end. (Last day to order 2020's was Oct 2nd.)

OP
OP
mustangpegasus51

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I think the problem is the dealer you are talking to wants to make money
your RAV team just wants to know the vin number of the car you want can come from any dealer and shipped to local dealer
Ford's response so far has been they can't do anything etc. unless the dealers agree to a transfer.

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Well they started off giving me shit then my wife sent a email to Elena Ford about how disappointed she was with Ford since she is the Chief Customer Experience Officer lol we got a phone call from her office the next day at 4pm

Sponsored
OP
OP
mustangpegasus51

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
@Decanes I emailed Elena just now (well, hopefully if I got the email right.) Here's to hoping an exec can help straighten this out.

I really love how this car drives (well, when it works); really don't want anything else. Here's to hoping they can lend a hand! :)

RockinaFiesta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 2019 Fiesta
Pretty sure I read that that the performance pack vehicles are made in batches in warm months only - due to the summer tires suffering shipping damage in cold months.

I wouldn’t “laugh” at a $1500 discount in this market - last year there were more vehicles on the ground, and more availability for deals.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
He has a point. Maybe negotiate 2k even, but cars are soaring off the lots. Hard incentive to get much discounts

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Okay, welp talked to Ford RAV. So far my options are...
Ford bought back my custom ordered 2019 GT due to bad paint issues all over, and I had the same options as you. I chose to order another car. In that situation they put my buyback on hold and I was able to drive my '19 until the '20 came in. After it came in there was about a two week wait for paperwork to be done by Ford and sent to the dealer so we could complete the swap.

It sounds like your car has drivability issues? In that case you may not have the options I did. I really wanted a Mustang above all other cars, so it was worth the wait. And I got bumped up to a 2020 due to the timing of it all.

In regards to the never driving stick, I never tried one at all, not even in a friends car, before I ordered my Mustang as a daily driver in Cleveland with one. It is a pretty easy car to learn on. And it does have a unique feature where you don't have to give it gas to get it going, just release the clutch at a slower pace and it goes. Great for stop and go traffic, very easy for beginners until you get the gas/clutch down better.

OP
OP
mustangpegasus51

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I see some of the points here but I don't even really want a "discount" at all, if you want to call it that. I want the car that I paid for working right. Ford failed on the warranty front. I'm not stoked on taking a loss for an equivalent car because Ford messed up, not me. That's what the lemon law is there for.
Sponsored