Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
That's a Shelby Super Snake
Haha. Guess I read the header 2020 Ford Mustang GT as GT500 cause of the price. But still that's ridiculous.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Sooooo no PP1 /PP2 ? Ford wanna force you to buy the 'collectable' Mach 1 with the huge dealer mark up ?
I understand the PP2 is gone for 2021 but the PP1 remains. Ford is not forcing anyone to buy anything. Each buyer makes their own decisions.

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
PP1 overrated. At best it is a better street suspension. It is completely inadequate for any track work. You can do so much better for so much less money and have a more track worthy set-up. I have a pp1 converted to a racecar. The only pp1 left on the car is the front big brakes. The rest is all thown out.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
PP1 overrated. At best it is a better street suspension. It is completely inadequate for any track work. You can do so much better for so much less money and have a more track worthy set-up. I have a pp1 converted to a racecar. The only pp1 left on the car is the front big brakes. The rest is all thown out.
No one ever said the PP1 was a track package. Actually the recommendation was to pass on the PP1 if you were building a track car. For everyone else it is definitely something to consider for more than just the brakes.

OP
OP
mustangpegasus51

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
@Bikeman315 yeah there's definitely some options! I guess I can take my time to see what's out there as custom orders are a dead end until MY2021.

I actually found a similar build pretty close to me as well with that config; however it's missing the active exhaust. Is there a reason it's not really being added anymore?

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
@Bikeman315 yeah there's definitely some options! I guess I can take my time to see what's out there as custom orders are a dead end until MY2021.

I actually found a similar build pretty close to me as well with that config; however it's missing the active exhaust. Is there a reason it's not really being added anymore?
It could have been a special order that was never taken or a dealer stock item that they just didn't order it with. Exhaust is an easy aftermarket Mod and some folks would not want a factory one regardless of how good it is. But remember, it's the color you want. That's not going to happen on a 2021.

OP
OP
mustangpegasus51

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks so much y'all! Currently cancelling my order for non-PP car and beginning the search. Who knew that Cars.com had a better search function than Ford?

I'm contacting my Ford RAV rep asap and will start contact dealers from in and out of state etc. I found 7 in the US that fit my criteria.

OP
OP
mustangpegasus51

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Found a vehicle that's perfect but it comes bundled with safe and smart. From my previous experience with forward collision monitoring in a rental Camaro, it felt more obnoxious than helpful.

@Justin I saw you had Safe and Smart package. Can you turn most of it off?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Found a vehicle that's perfect but it comes bundled with safe and smart. From my previous experience with forward collision monitoring in a rental Camaro, it felt more obnoxious than helpful.

@Justin I saw you had Safe and Smart package. Can you turn most of it off?
I have the S&S as it came with the car. Most likely would not have ordered if it didn't. That said I love the adaptive cruise and the forward collision avoidance. I have the lane change alerts turned off. Its all going to be standard in 2021 so you might as well get it if the car has everything else you want.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
No one ever said the PP1 was a track package. Actually the recommendation was to pass on the PP1 if you were building a track car. For everyone else it is definitely something to consider for more than just the brakes.
Agree with Bikeman315
As everyone knows, the Mustang exists to target many different kinds of buyers. In terms of outright handling and overall performance (power and handling), there is a Mustang to appease to many diverse areas of the target spectrum, and Mustang covers a wide area. A Mustang is available in something "very soft" to something very "hardcore." (aka the Shelby's, Mach 1, and the PP2 "somewhat.")

With the PP1, it's too soft to be considered a reasonable track package (out of the box) but it exists as something that offers a reasonable amount more responsiveness, for the street, when compared to say the base GT; which, by comparison, is soft and almost boaty-feeling, even before considering at-the-limit handling. And, depending on how you spec/buy a GT, if one is focused on keeping the cost within a certain range, the value that the PP1 brings to the table, on an otherwise base GT, or even a 301A car, is great for the price. The brakes, as mentioned, at this price point, offer a great value, in addition to the other items the package brings.

The PP1 package has done very well for Ford, on the Mustang, And, for most, it satisfies what they look for as street package. For those who want more, it can be built upon from there.

One of the many reasons the Mustang is so popular, is simply the value. Comparing, for example, the equipment and features you get with Mustang at most trim levels, and compare it to what you get with Camaro or Challenger, in many cases, you pay a little more with for the Camaro and Challenger, with relative apples-to-apples comparisons.
Sponsored

Last edited: