Sponsored

Pennzoil Ultra Platinum impossible to find?

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Being 55 I can remember a 5 qt. oil change for $15.00 at a Service Station that would check your oil and wash your windshield as they filled your tank. The cost of maintaining a car today is a little more expensive. But, the handling and throttle response is worth it to me. I use Pennzoil Platinum 8qt plus 1/2 qt. Lucas stabilizer due to the oil filter I prefer, the Ford Racing oil filter has a larger capacity and a better "bypass feature". I use 5w30.
Sponsored

s550stprmtrooper

s550StormTrooper
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT
I just signed up for Amazon Prime, autoship. I'll get a 5qt just each month for $30

Talked to Vaughn at SEMA, it's all they run in their cars and they swear my it.

For what its worth.... the two Coyote's I have popped were both running Mobile1 full synthetic.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Went to Malwart looking to get the Ultra but they didn't have it. Went with Platinum 5w20. Figured it was time to break free from the Motorcraft Semi, plus i have been reading nothing but glowing reports on the Ultra/Platinum. Figured i'd stay with the same weight oil and OEM filter. Does anyone prefer the 5w30? and why?

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum is the same oil as Quaker State Ultimate Durability, which I buy right at Autozone all the time. They don't stock 5qt jugs but they always have the individual quarts.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Can you expound?
Well, I searched and couldn't find it. But I read that they are the same oil. Quaker and Pennzoil are the same company. I'll keep looking and see if I can find it. Not sure if it was a post here or somewhere else.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Well, I searched and couldn't find it. But I read that they are the same oil. Quaker and Pennzoil are the same company. I'll keep looking and see if I can find it. Not sure if it was a post here or somewhere else.
I’ve been reading reviews. I think either way you go your in good hands. My engine seems quieter since adding the pennzoil. Weird I know, but I know my car and my ears aren’t deceiving me. Happy happy...

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Just ordered two jugs. $26 a piece with free shipping. $52 - $20 in rebates = $32 for 10 quarts. Just changed my oil so i won't need it until after it arrives anyhoo. :headbang:

Sponsored

Grinder67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Just ordered two jugs. $26 a piece with free shipping. $52 - $20 in rebates = $32 for 10 quarts. Just changed my oil so i won't need it until after it arrives anyhoo. :headbang:
Did you order from Amazon? Site says 1-2 months to ship.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Did you order from Amazon? Site says 1-2 months to ship.
Yes, and after i ordered it now says (Arriving May 7 - May 21). Won't need it until mid summer anyway.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MA4UAP5

Pain in the *ss converting the invoice into a format they call for. Using Windows 8.1 had to convert to PFD using the print option and changing printer to 'PDF'. Sending by mail too incase something didn't go right.

Grinder67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I ordered a couple of jugs too. Can you send the rebate in now? Amazon doesn’t charge until the items ship I think.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
I ordered a couple of jugs too. Can you send the rebate in now? Amazon doesn’t charge until the items ship I think.
http://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/promo...=L0RJWS9uYXRpb25hbDE4L3N0b3JlbG9jYXRvci5jZm0=

Half way down the page where it says “I have made my qualifying purchase...etc” you click on it to submit rebate(s) electronically. Fill it out and upload your amazon receipt/invoice. I ordered the jugs separately so could submit my 2 rebates. Like I said..I couldn’t figure out how to convert to JPEG or JPG like my old computer so it took me 45 minutes of google search and found a way to convert them to PDF. Figured electronically would get the ball rolling faster.

Grinder67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Thanks for the info but I’ve tried a half a dozen times to fill out the online form and every time I hit continue to move on to the upload portion, it wipes the form blank and I have to start over. Snail mail it is I guess.
Sponsored