Sponsored

Pedals flexing/moving during low speed turns?

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Im trying to figure out what might cause this. I've noticed for the last few months that when I am turning at low speeds ie. pulling in and out of parking spots, I can feel my clutch, brake and gas pedals move ever so slightly. There doesn't seem to be any noise associated with this, but you can feel the pedals creak in your feet.

I have already replaced both strut mounts due to popping noises when turning (which resolved that) but the pedals seem to be a different issue. I have tightened all of the bolts holding the pedal assembly in place but that didn't seem to help. I have also removed the clutch spring and there was no change, still flexes/creaks/moves with or without the spring in place.

Has anyone run into anything similar or have thoughts on other things to check? The only thing similar I was able to find was a GT350 owner that had a cracked or broken weld by their firewall...
Sponsored

905Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2017 pp mustang gt
Im trying to figure out what might cause this. I've noticed for the last few months that when I am turning at low speeds ie. pulling in and out of parking spots, I can feel my clutch, brake and gas pedals move ever so slightly. There doesn't seem to be any noise associated with this, but you can feel the pedals creak in your feet.

I have already replaced both strut mounts due to popping noises when turning (which resolved that) but the pedals seem to be a different issue. I have tightened all of the bolts holding the pedal assembly in place but that didn't seem to help. I have also removed the clutch spring and there was no change, still flexes/creaks/moves with or without the spring in place.

Has anyone run into anything similar or have thoughts on other things to check? The only thing similar I was able to find was a GT350 owner that had a cracked or broken weld by their firewall...
Yeah maybe do a check of your firewall, this pedals are mounted really strong and they are
mounted separately. Dont understand how the firewall would be damaged in order for your pedals to move like that. Did you like crash into something or bottom out really hard? Might be a manufacturing defect or something. Also just check to see if your pedals are mounted right and everything is tight. Very strange

OP
OP
pmor4243

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah maybe do a check of your firewall, this pedals are mounted really strong and they are
mounted separately. Dont understand how the firewall would be damaged in order for your pedals to move like that. Did you like crash into something or bottom out really hard? Might be a manufacturing defect or something. Also just check to see if your pedals are mounted right and everything is tight. Very strange
Ya it seemed pretty weird to me as well. I tightened the pedal mounting assembly, checked everything that I could, ran an inspection camera all over and didn't ever see anything out of the ordinary. I actually ended up trading the car in for a better optioned one and can say that there is no pedal movement on this one.

I bought the car used and to my knowledge it wasn't crashed and seemed to drive fine in just about every other way (other than the engine making all kinds of the unusual/normal noises)

905Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2017 pp mustang gt
Ya it seemed pretty weird to me as well. I tightened the pedal mounting assembly, checked everything that I could, ran an inspection camera all over and didn't ever see anything out of the ordinary. I actually ended up trading the car in for a better optioned one and can say that there is no pedal movement on this one.

I bought the car used and to my knowledge it wasn't crashed and seemed to drive fine in just about every other way (other than the engine making all kinds of the unusual/normal noises)
Yeah that's really weird, glad you got one with some good pedals:like: safe drives brother
Sponsored