Sponsored

PC parasitic loss numbers

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
That ship sailed long ago. hahaha
Hey procharger tech,i know u are a busy man,but i pm u about something about a week ago and u asked me my combo.I was wondering if u could pm me and let me know if that is possible.
Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I think I'm in the ballpark at 5% total output. So let's say that my car makes 1050hp at the crank. I wouldn't be shocked if the blower is only soaking up 50-60hp.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I think I'm in the ballpark at 5% total output. So let's say that my car makes 1050hp at the crank. I wouldn't be shocked if the blower is only soaking up 50-60hp.
My $.02 would have to agree with this ballpark. Maybe even less on the right combo.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Wishful thinking.

More boost you are making, the more power it takes to turn the compressor (obviously).

For guys making 7-800 hp or more, its is not unreasonable to think it takes 125+ hp to drive the blower. Probably more.

I understand the link below is not apples to apples, but the theory applies. Physics is physics.

http://www.dragzine.com/news/lose-power-to-make-power-procharger-parasitic-loss-testing/

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Wishful thinking.

More boost you are making, the more power it takes to turn the compressor (obviously).

For guys making 7-800 hp or more, its is not unreasonable to think it takes 125+ hp to drive the blower. Probably more.

I understand the link below is not apples to apples, but the theory applies. Physics is physics.

http://www.dragzine.com/news/lose-power-to-make-power-procharger-parasitic-loss-testing/
That test has basically NO bearing on what the OP is asking.

1) Cog belts are power hungry themselves
2) F-1R/F2 uses a larger gearbox
3) F-1R/F2 uses a higher step up ratio (thing TQ input)
4) F-1R/F2 has more rotational mass
5) There is no CFM rating on whats being tested.

I can say this, anything thats got an F-1R strapped to it making 21psi of boost is making some SERIOUS HP. lol.

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
:cheers::headbang:;)

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
That test has basically NO bearing on what the OP is asking.

1) Cog belts are power hungry themselves
2) F-1R/F2 uses a larger gearbox
3) F-1R/F2 uses a higher step up ratio (thing TQ input)
4) F-1R/F2 has more rotational mass
5) There is no CFM rating on whats being tested.

I can say this, anything thats got an F-1R strapped to it making 21psi of boost is making some SERIOUS HP. lol.

Boy you sure were quick to respond. Sure the cog is going to eat more power, but that in and of itself wont completely scew the tests.

The point you make about the larger blower makes sense--except you said the opposite on page 1 of this thread.

The less efficient of a compressor, the more HP it takes to move a given amount of air.

The D-1X, P-1X, F-1A-94, and F-3R-136 are some of the most efficient compressors we have ever made (outside of our industrial division)

There is no way in hell an 800whp Procharged Coyote is only enjoying 50hp parasitic loss. No chance.

But i (and others) would love for you to prove me otherwise!

:)

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I think your answer was the post quoted with a wink face, etc. Lol

I'm not surprised it only takes around 50hp, they're pretty easy to turn by hand.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Boy you sure were quick to respond. Sure the cog is going to eat more power, but that in and of itself wont completely scew the tests.

The point you make about the larger blower makes sense--except you said the opposite on page 1 of this thread.

There is no way in hell an 800whp Procharged Coyote is only enjoying 50hp parasitic loss. No chance.

But i (and others) would love for you to prove me otherwise!

:)
prob more like 30-40~~!!!

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
No company will answer this directly. Not if they want to continue selling kits without a competitor pounding the loss in to people's head. Look at dyno's against turbo boost to boost and make a educated guess.

Sponsored

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
No company will answer this directly. Not if they want to continue selling kits without a competitor pounding the loss in to people's head. Look at dyno's against turbo boost to boost and make a educated guess.

X10!

Funny how he decided to bring turbos into the conversation by comparing the amount of HP it takes to drive the turbine (FAR less).

Come on guys.

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
If you think about numbers from a turbo @ the same boost as a centrifugal the 50-60 ball park range sound more realistic. Not saying a turbo makes free power but we all know it takes less than a belt driven blower.
Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I pretty sure I've seen a few blower cars converting over to turbo & there results were around 50 or 60 whp deference being the same car, same fuel, same boost level, tuners & ect.
Sponsored