Passenger Side Mirror Fail

Wildfire 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible 5.0
Newbie here. 2018 GT Convertible. So, this past weekend, I knocked my side passenger mirror off. Well, the side of the garage knocked it off. Anyway, I am pretty pleased with myself that because, and since nothing was actually broken, just detached, in about 2 hours I was able to take apart and re-assemble the damn thing. The only issue, the turn signal strip (below the mirror, not in-mirror) is not working. I think I may have failed to reconnect it. Does the turn signal strip come out/off separately, such that I might be able to re-connected it without going through the whole process? Or do I have to take apart the whole assembly again? Is there a video? Or should I just forget it? It's not like I see the turn signal strip on the mirror while driving. Thanks.
Sponsored

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Newbie here. 2018 GT Convertible. So, this past weekend, I knocked my side passenger mirror off. Well, the side of the garage knocked it off. Anyway, I am pretty pleased with myself that because, and since nothing was actually broken, just detached, in about 2 hours I was able to take apart and re-assemble the damn thing. The only issue, the turn signal strip (below the mirror, not in-mirror) is not working. I think I may have failed to reconnect it. Does the turn signal strip come out/off separately, such that I might be able to re-connected it without going through the whole process? Or do I have to take apart the whole assembly again? Is there a video? Or should I just forget it? It's not like I see the turn signal strip on the mirror while driving. Thanks.
i believe there is a way to disassemble it without taking it off the car, i think CJ pony does a how to on replacing the mirror glass with the turn signal built into is as you need the wires for that mirror so you may have some luck there, but in short you need to remove the mirror glass to access screws which hold on the painted trim, only then will you be able to get at the wiring of the turn signal