Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone had a part number for the fuel rail covers that Ford added to the Bullitt (which the standard GT doesn't have).

I removed my GT engine cover to facilitate certain mods and I really want to hide some of the mess.

Many thanks

2019-Ford-Mustang-GT-Bullitt-V8-657x360.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone had a part number for the coil covers that Ford added to the Bullitt (which the standard GT doesn't have).

I removed my GT engine cover to facilitate certain mods and I really want to hide some of the mess.

Many thanks

2019-Ford-Mustang-GT-Bullitt-V8-657x360.jpg
I agree with the" mess" comment and looked at after market coil covers( ideally painted in DHG) but no supplier was confident their products would fit my Bullitt. Seems the standard ones for both the GT and the Gt350 wont as our bullitts with the intake manifold are a hybrid of both these.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I agree with the" mess" comment and looked at after market coil covers( ideally painted in DHG) but no supplier was confident their products would fit my Bullitt. Seems the standard ones for both the GT and the Gt350 wont as our bullitts with the intake manifold are a hybrid of both these.
Why not buy a set, test fit, then return if they don't? Tell the shop you are willing to be the guinea pig and take photos of what does/doesn't work for them.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Why not buy a set, test fit, then return if they don't? Tell the shop you are willing to be the guinea pig and take photos of what does/doesn't work for them.
From the outset they would know that there was a query over fitment.
If I went back to them then saying" they don't fit, I want a refund and also to be refunded the cost of the return freight"
there is every likelihood they'd tell me to stick the coil covers where the sun doesn't shine, especially if they were customized for me by colour etc
From 12000 miles away I don't need the potential grief and cost

milo4753

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2009 f150, 1973 240 Z
Not sure if I'm right or not, but aren't those fuel rail covers and not coil covers. I had the understanding the difference in the Bullett and the GT was intake and tuning. The new Coyote has direct injection that interferes with the Gen 1 & 2 coil covers. I would love to get rid of the engine cover too, hopefully some thing will be available soon.

Sponsored

OP
OP
drewzh

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if I'm right or not, but aren't those fuel rail covers and not coil covers. I had the understanding the difference in the Bullett and the GT was intake and tuning. The new Coyote has direct injection that interferes with the Gen 1 & 2 coil covers. I would love to get rid of the engine cover too, hopefully some thing will be available soon.
Yep you're totally right and I feel like an idiot. Title and initial post updated to 'fuel rail covers'.

I realise it's not a massive change, but it seems to round some of it off a little and make it look a little 'designed' rather than just all haphazard, which in my opinion, my current engine looks.

Maybe I should sit tight for an aftermarket engine dress-up solution, but I don't envisage anything happening soon.

Maybe they're a tad bigger than the GT's foam insulators to better insulate the injector sound as the bullitt doesn't have the engine cover as standard. Either way, they look nice and I want 'em!
IMG_20180817_131114.jpg

tripp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I believe the part numbers are JR3Z 9K540-A and JR3Z 9K540-B.

tripp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
A looks like a much smaller insulator and B seems to be discontinued and I can't find a picture for the part either?
This is my catalog illustration of the part. It's somewhat vague, admittedly.
BULLITT 9350.jpg

tripp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Also, neither number is obsolete. There is stock in the Memphis depot.

Sponsored
OP
OP
drewzh

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is my catalog illustration of the part. It's somewhat vague, admittedly.
BULLITT 9350.jpg
Is that specific to the bullitt though, as the GT has an insulator that looks more like the catelogue picture (smaller and without the Powered By Ford wording). If specific to the bullitt then I guess I'll give it a shot!

tripp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Is that specific to the bullitt though, as the GT has an insulator that looks more like the catelogue picture (smaller and without the Powered By Ford wording). If specific to the bullitt then I guess I'll give it a shot!
I'm confused, your original post said the standard GT doesn't have those.
Let me look into this more.

OP
OP
drewzh

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm confused, your original post said the standard GT doesn't have those.
Let me look into this more.
I said the GT doesn't have the ones the bullitt has, which are much bigger, designed for asthetics and have the Powered By Ford branding. All direct injector Mustangs will have fuel rail covers in general to reduce fuel injector sound.

tripp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I said the GT doesn't have the ones the bullitt has, which are much bigger, designed for asthetics and have the Powered By Ford branding. All direct injector Mustangs will have fuel rail covers in general to reduce fuel injector sound.
Right, I understand now. I can't seem to find them cataloged anywhere and have put in a PACO inquiry to try and get a number for these. I'm 99% sure the numbers I said above are incorrect.

OP
OP
drewzh

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Right, I understand now. I can't seem to find them cataloged anywhere and have put in a PACO inquiry to try and get a number for these. I'm 99% sure the numbers I said above are incorrect.
Thanks so much anyway for exploring this, I really appreciate it (and so does my stang!)
Sponsored