OP
OP
GT Pony

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
When this happens I just check for any damage before leaving.
I surely did carefully check for any door dings, scratches, etc. If I would have found any damage I definitely was prepared to waited for them to come back ... and it wouldn't have been pretty. :paddle:
Sponsored

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I was sitting in my old GT and a guy in a 2004-2009 f150 let his door swing open right into the middle of my passenger door. I got out and saw the red paint. I told him to get out and went off. he flipped me off and started to back out. I put a size 12 dent right in the side of his door as he backed out. That wiped the smirk right off his face.

Toofarfromjune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
GTPP
I was sitting in my old GT and a guy in a 2004-2009 f150 let his door swing open right into the middle of my passenger door. I got out and saw the red paint. I told him to get out and went off. he flipped me off and started to back out. I put a size 12 dent right in the side of his door as he backed out. That wiped the smirk right off his face.

Justice is awesome.

TypeTridoron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Impala SS
I prefer my revenge served cold when this stuff happens, personally. Going ballistic on somebody carries the risk of making you look worse than the guy who dinged your car to bystanders (or worse, the police). A quick fix of justice isn't worth a night in the sin bin or getting the **** kicked out of you by passing white knights who don't give you a chance to explain yourself.

Snap license photos, if they ding your car and blow you off if you confront them (or leave before you even get back to your car), call 'em in. Be professional, be polite, and always have a plan to ensure that others' misbehavior eventually comes back to bite them in the ass. :thumbsup:

rozay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PQ 5.0 MT
i hate when this happens and happens quite often. Never understood this either

Sponsored

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
Snap license photos, if they ding your car and blow you off if you confront them (or leave before you even get back to your car), call 'em in. Be professional, be polite, and always have a plan to ensure that others' misbehavior eventually comes back to bite them in the ass. :thumbsup:
What are you going to do with a license plate? Do the police even care? Is it considered a hit and run?

TypeTridoron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Impala SS
What are you going to do with a license plate? Do the police even care? Is it considered a hit and run?
Depending on the circumstances and damage, it might be. More generally, having the license plate can help you find out who's supposed to be getting the bill. It isn't foolproof, obviously. (Say you had a car beside you but come back to find damage to your rear end; it MIGHT have been that guy, but it's less likely than damage to the door on that side) The real point is just to keep your cool while pursuing recompense rather than starting an altercation and risking getting a kindergarten teacher dismissal from the cops.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
You are pretty safe in the AZ 120 degree weather parking in no man's land. As for door dings... they frustrate me, but are inevitable since my cars are meant to be driven daily. No need to go ballistic over the small things. Some dings are caused by wind, kids, unaware adults, carts, etc. The % that happen purposely are far less frequent than some would like to think. And yes, it's ANNOYING... I often ask "Why can't you just be more careful?" But even I, Mr. Perfect, have made careless mistakes myself. Sometimes you just gotta roll with punches.

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
I parked my 98 cobra away from everyone while in bestbuy. Came out to find the quarter smashed in along with the rear bumper cover hanging off. No cars near mine when I walked in, none when I walked out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
that's what happens when you say "in your Mom" for your location. jus sayin/jking

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I always park out in no mans land and sometimes even take up two spots out there. So far so good but I have had some people park next to me. Like said before just check for a ding or scratch and drive off. If I were to see damage I would take pics and call police and wait. My 99 SS was lightly hit in the dealers lot but I couldn't prove it so wont ever buy from them again and had paint thinner thrown on it parked in my buddies drive way by random vandals that hit 12 other cars same night. They got caught but no means of getting any money out of them, good thing that I always have good insurance. I would recommend zero dollar deductible on comprehensive, it doesn't even make that much of a difference on your premium. In 18 years of driving I had them 2 incidents above along with 3 windshields replaced and 2 deer collisions repaired all for free.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
GT Pony

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I always park out in no mans land and sometimes even take up two spots out there.
Taking 2 parking spaces, even out in no-man's land, is going to attract even more the idiots who want to mess with someone's car. I never take 2 spaces no matter what.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Those people should be careful with who they try to wind up. People who fuck purposely with others will be gored at some point along the way.
Someday when I'm bored I may just park out there in no-man's land, take a seat someplace and monitor what goes on. Might be interesting.
I agree 100%. :thumbsup:

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Taking 2 parking spaces, even out in no-man's land, is going to attract even more the idiots who want to mess with someone's car. I never take 2 spaces no matter what.
Yah, your right. My wife even made fun of me tonight. In my defense I do need all the room I can get when it comes to getting a 3 and 5 year old in and out of the stang.

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
There's nothing wrong with parking in no man's land. I don't know why people are so crazy about messing with OPP (other people's property). I am notorious for parking as far away as possible, and if I spot another nice car out there I'll saddle up. I hope they understand. How could they not?

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
I park far away also, I worry a little about getting a ding but in the past the door dings on my car have come from me opening my door too far. I had the wind blow my door open into a post at the gas station and it screwed the door up, so I just feel like everyone is safer if Im not parked next them......
Sponsored