Painting Valve Cover / Removing Engine Cover

WolfMxbee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolf
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost, 2005 Ford F-150, 1995
So I noticed recently that my valve cover started seeping and has residue on top which I'm assuming is from the VCT solenoid seals, anyways I ordered a new valve cover as many cars I work with at the shop that have plastic valve covers tend to Crack after a period of time and not that expensive either, like $115 from ford that includes the gaskets as well as replacing my VCT solenoids since im in there, it arrived today but anyways I'm going to be painting it since I'm not a huge fan of the engine cover and would like to monitor the new valve cover versus removing the cover every time, just not my style, does anyone make a aluminum valve cover or in development of one? I heard the 15-17's were prone to cracking around the vct solenoids because they weren't reinforced or braced well which got updated, mines a 2019 but has anyone painted there valve covers? I seen only 1 pic online and wanted more insight from you guys and can't wait to show my color scheme I picked for my velocity blue. Also last question, is there a relearn for the vct solenoids, I couldn't find any info in our shops repair software
Sponsored