FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! I will finally be credit card debt free in t minus 1.5 months (after 4 years of paying interest) and man. Gonna pay down the car like your guys are doing
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Be careful, once there are no payments you will be seriously tempted to do some big buck mods!!!!

2 months after I paid it off, I got a $2k digital dash..........

Last edited:

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone really close to paying off their car?

I know Covid-19 has probably put a kink in, for some. But...
I have more in my bank than how much I own on the GT so technically I can pay it off. Though I prefer to have some free cash in the current situation around Covid-19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
I have more in my bank than how much I own on the GT so technically I can pay it off. Though I prefer to have some free cash in the current situation around Covid-19
This is wisdom. Normally for myself and my family, I have 3 months of financial support easily on tap for the unexpected mishaps. However since the pandemic, I have increased that by an additional 3 months. I have always lived by the philosophy that there is no guarantee in life.

Regards

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
This is wisdom. Normally for myself and my family, I have 3 months of financial support easily on tap for the unexpected mishaps. However since the pandemic, I have increased that by an additional 3 months. I have always lived by the philosophy that there is no guarantee in life.

Regards

That was good you were able to increase your availability. Others might not be so lucky. Do you mind sharing your strategy?

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have a single penny extra.. carry like 100 in bank, every penny has gone towards those credit cards for last 5 months. 2 more months and im over, but fortunately COVID hasn't affected my job, I am working just as usual with zero possibility of firing and such. but some of my friends are making more being home than working, but they aren't guaranteed to go back to work either, may all be let go permanently.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
That was good you were able to increase your availability. Others might not be so lucky. Do you mind sharing your strategy?
Sure no problem. I am self-employed and had been cutting back my hours to 30 a week since 2019, but ramped up to 45 a week starting in March. I also was able to sell the subdivision lot that my wife and I had purchased 10 years ago that we planned on building a smaller retirement home in about 7 years from now. North Alabama property has increased significantly and this area has not been financially hit like so many other areas in the US have been. Building was considered “essential,” and people have been selling and buying homes/property since the interest rates have been so low. We elected to sell the property and re-evaluate downsizing at later time when things settle down. “Good health willing.”

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
LOL - I feel a little joy when I hear others have paid their car off. Sounds like an achievement of sorts...
I agree. The average Mustang owner is over 50 and if you discount 350 owners it would be much higher. Many are financially pretty well set, so car payments are not an issue. But, to many younger Mustang owners, the purchase of a new car is quite an undertaking. I recall when the cost of a new car represented about 20% - 25% of your annual income. That certainly isn't true now.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I agree. The average Mustang owner is over 50 and if you discount 350 owners it would be much higher. Many are financially pretty well set, so car payments are not an issue. But, to many younger Mustang owners, the purchase of a new car is quite an undertaking. I recall when the cost of a new car represented about 20% - 25% of your annual income. That certainly isn't true now.
Yeah it’s more like 50% lol

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I also paid off my 2-week old Bullitt last Friday. Ha ha. Dealer forced me to finance the minimum ($5K) to get the price I did. They even had to give me money back, since it was pretty much an even exchange with my trade. Will never accept that again. Besides the charade it was with the registration, now I'll have a lien on the title. Oh well.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Whats Money? I think I saw some once.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
0% interest for 72 mos. no reason to payoff early.
lol ... I’m glad I didn’t think like that

I had a 0% loan from ford and I paid it off early. Covid hit and now I have no income. Thankfully my car is paid off.
Sponsored