P0420 & P0430 at same time

OP
OP

Thats550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT
I did the same thing, headers were cheaper than OEM replacements so I went with that. I did Kooks.

You don't need a tune right away, it will throw P0420/P0430 but nothing bad will happen. You can drive on it as is it will be fine. I had to drive on mine for over a month before I could get the headers done.
Thanks for your input ya I been wanting headers anyways guess I got a reason for them now
Sponsored

OP
OP

Thats550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT
As long as the cats are not plugged up you should be ok
Okay I dlnt think they are clogged or nothing yet. I can't even tell any difference than normal other than the check engine light

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
These cats are notoriously fragile, you almost certainly damaged them with 2 step sorry to say. I damaged mine with burbles. My driver side was totally toast and my passenger side was barely hanging on.

What likely happened is that the substrates cracked and gasses are passing by the catalyst. I'm with everyone else, looking at those logs your cats are toast, I wouldn't waste money on sensors.
True. The sensors are NOT the issue since they're obviously switching high to low so they are working. As someone mentioned earlier, the sensor voltage should be fairly steady and on the upper end above 0.5V. When they switch back and forth, it shows that they're tracking the upstream ones. Cats require the rich/lean transition so it can store and release O2 as needed to clean up the exhaust. Replace the cats and you'll be fine.
Sponsored