Oxford White Paint Issue

Ghost5O19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT
I have a 19 oxford white GT and I have all these like light black/brown scuffs on the front bumper, mirrors, hood vents and door handles. I know it’s from debris hitting it while driving but Its only on the plastic parts. I tried to take some pictures. The car had a 5yr ceramic coating put on when I bought it. It just keeps getting worse. I quick wash my car like every other day and it never sees rain or snow so I do take great care of it. I tried a clay bar and it did nothing. Just wondering if other guys are getting this and how to get rid of it. It makes the front look dirty. Thanks

954C20FA-B738-4D93-BDD8-DDF214111A29.jpeg

D85895EB-38EC-4371-BCCF-D6CC7985BBCC.jpeg

E8078121-1B13-4426-97C1-154935347261.jpeg
Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
if you used clay correctly and it s still there I d let the ceramic coating company answer that question. I m surprised if it was coated but it looks like it needs a good cleaning. If its oil based dirt I use a kerosene/diesel on a cloth to wipe it off effortlessly . If it s dried bugs there are several options that all require more effort than a quick wash.
Ceramic coating should let everything come off easily? Hard to tell from the pictures to be honest .

OP
OP
Ghost5O19

Ghost5O19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT
Thanks for the reply, It was coated at the ford dealership about 2yrs ago. I do actually wash it too. It’s definitely not bugs and I’ve tried bug and tar remover as well and nothing. It’s hard to get a good picture but it’s like hundreds of small dots all different sizes and don’t rub off. It’s been getting worse for years that’s why I think it’s from stuff hitting it while driving. I’ve never tried kerosene maybe I’ll give that a shot. Thanks

Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Aren't those chips? Mine has it too all over the front bumper and hood (which is corroding and bubbling through the paint). I am waiting for someone to hit me to get a new one /s

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Thanks for the reply, It was coated at the ford dealership about 2yrs ago. I do actually wash it too. It’s definitely not bugs and I’ve tried bug and tar remover as well and nothing. It’s hard to get a good picture but it’s like hundreds of small dots all different sizes and don’t rub off. It’s been getting worse for years that’s why I think it’s from stuff hitting it while driving. I’ve never tried kerosene maybe I’ll give that a shot. Thanks
Do you by chance park near a railroad or work/live in an industrial area?

Before you resort to using kerosene, something I would not be doing to be honest, I would be trying an iron-remover first (Carpro IronX, P&S Iron Buster, Gyeon Iron). Once you start messing around with stuff that is not meant to be used on a ceramic coating, there go's your coating warranty.

If this fails, return it to the dealer who installed the coating with the paperwork supporting the 5-Year claim.

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
It was coated at the ford dealership about 2yrs ago
It's almost like something is embedding itself into the coating, not resting/sticking on top?

With warranties and all that, it's definitely a good time to chat up the dealer/installer.

As things proceed, please continue to return and update us on progress and any fixes.

Last edited:

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Do you by chance park near a railroad or work/live in an industrial area?

Before you resort to using kerosene, something I would not be doing to be honest, I would be trying an iron-remover first (Carpro IronX, P&S Iron Buster, Gyeon Iron). Once you start messing around with stuff that is not meant to be used on a ceramic coating, there go's your coating warranty.

If this fails, return it to the dealer who installed the coating with the paperwork supporting the 5-Year claim.
Yes, my next guess would be those tiny tan type dots which appear on white cars . if you worked a clay bar correctly I can tell you from experience they will come off. a tedious jobs. The products mentioned above I assume would work too.
As far as kerosene maybe the ceramic coat COULD be affected, good point. But kerosene has been used for decades on paint to remove road grim and will not hurt auto paint and is rather mild but because it s a petroleum product itself it breaks down other oils and road grim.
If we saw the actual spots clearly we d be sure of what you got going on.
Again, bring it back to dealer. I m gonna bet they say something like " it wasn't properly maintained", just saying.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
If the dealer did it, its possible they did not do a good prep before ceramic and just did a basic wash then coated it. And now the rail dust is finally getting to breath causing it all to show its ugly face. Probably needs a good paint correction to remove everything and re coat.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Guys, "coated" at the dealership is slapping on a sealant after washing the car with a dirty mop. That was gone a long, long time ago.
Sponsored