Sponsored

Oxford White GT

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Wasn't planning on, just looks super nice.

I read the notes at the bottom of the page and it's like 'It can be done at home however TOTALLY MAKE SURE YOU GO TO A PRO BECAUSE MANDERS U HAVE NO CHANCE OF DOING THIS HA HA'

Or something like that ;).
:lol: :lol:

Their video is great and in 10 minutes the job it's done.
I'm sure, if I try to do this, it'll not take 10 minutes but 10 days ... :lol: :lol:
And not sure of the end result ..
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
:lol: :lol:

Their video is great and in 10 minutes the job it's done.
I'm sure, if I try to do this, it'll not take 10 minutes but 10 days ... :lol: :lol:
And not sure of the end result ..

Mine I'd end up with no car left... I'm too OCD about things, everything has to be perfect.. I know I'd make some minor c0ck up on it I'd end up raging lol!

All the pros make it look easy, my wrap guy whos doing my tints told me no more than 5 minutes to do em all!

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Mine I'd end up with no car left... I'm too OCD about things, everything has to be perfect.. I know I'd make some minor c0ck up on it I'd end up raging lol!

All the pros make it look easy, my wrap guy whos doing my tints told me no more than 5 minutes to do em all!
if he does them all in 5 mins i will let him wrap my car for 20x the amount it should cost. utter BS!

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Discs changed at 4035 miles.

Before:

txYCpLth.jpg

After:

T3SW7OMh.jpg

tM82XP7h.jpg

Saves 4.5kgs PER DISC, which was the main aim, rather than improving stopping power, along with the fact they look badass! Chuffed. :D

Last edited:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Discs changed at 4035 miles.

Saves 4.5kgs PER DISC, which was the main aim, rather than improving stopping power, along with the fact they look badass! Chuffed. :D
Nice! No pics of the centre console though ;)

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
They look amazing buddy! :)

I am more interested to hear your feedback on whether you can feel any change in the car from losing the unsprung mass, should in theory ride better, turn better and maybe accelerate faster, though I suspect your most likely to feel improved ride quality. :)

When I removed the ceramics from the 911 and went to steels the ride quality difference was noticeable instantly and the car felt ever so slightly slower. Plus of course ceramics were zero dust, wheels always clean, I missed that aspect of ceramics. :(

But I do not miss the ÂŁ2500 per disc! :eek:

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
They look the puppies plums :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Nice! No pics of the centre console though ;)
they look good pal. now you just need to match the rears lol

:p

They look amazing buddy! :)

I am more interested to hear your feedback on whether you can feel any change in the car from losing the unsprung mass, should in theory ride better, turn better and maybe accelerate faster, though I suspect your most likely to feel improved ride quality. :)

When I removed the ceramics from the 911 and went to steels the ride quality difference was noticeable instantly and the car felt ever so slightly slower. Plus of course ceramics were zero dust, wheels always clean, I missed that aspect of ceramics. :(

But I do not miss the ÂŁ2500 per disc! :eek:
I meant to take a bit more notice of the final drive with the standard discs to see if I could notice a difference. As you say, the improvements should mostly be in all the areas other than actual braking! :lol:

ÂŁ2.5K PER DISC?! :eyebulge::headbonk::eyebulge::headbonk:

:ford: FTW! :D

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

:p

I meant to take a bit more notice of the final drive with the standard discs to see if I could notice a difference. As you say, the improvements should mostly be in all the areas other than actual braking! :lol:

ÂŁ2.5K PER DISC?! :eyebulge::headbonk::eyebulge::headbonk:

:ford: FTW! :D

Braking performance I can't see much change, the stock setup is actually superb on this car for actual braking performance and resistance to fade as Ford used such large disc and decent performance pads so very impressive really. Just a shame the stock Ford disc are like anchors and so damn heavy.

Yes ceramic disc are a fortune, especially with Porsche tax added, but they are also superb and generally tend to last 100,00-200,000 miles and are silent, super light and have zero dust pretty much. But they are fragile and early revisions could de-laminate with heat which was an issue I had.

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Plastidipped the rear emblem. Didn't use the primer as I wanted to make sure I liked the look first.

Finish looked absolutely terrible as I was spraying it on but left it to dry & it's come out pretty damn good. Didn't even have to go round with a toothpick or anything, just started peeling and it came away from the outline all on it's own.

6AcyklJh.jpg

DgFsBiF.jpg

[ame]

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Adjusted my fuel economy today so now the OBC SHOULD display the correct MPG figure rather than the 10% optimistic figure it WAS displaying. :)

According to my calculations, I ended up dropping my figure to 900 so we shall see...

Instructions here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48903
Filled up for the first time since adjusting the OBC MPG sensor and...it's pretty much bob-on now!

OBC was reporting 20.4MPG and the calculated figure was actually 20.1MPG.

I'll keep an eye on it for the next couple of tanks and may re-adjust in the future, but it's a hell of a lot closer than it was.
Sponsored