Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Was just about to post this myself.

50/50, excessive speed from Mustang and no precaution for downed traffic lights.
But the other car should not be turning in front of oncoming traffic.

At least both drivers un-harmed.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
one less LB on the road makes mine even rarer (more valuable) :)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
The airbags work! Not sure whose fault if traffic lights not working

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Was just about to post this myself.

50/50, excessive speed from Mustang and no precaution for downed traffic lights.
But the other car should not be turning in front of oncoming traffic.

At least both drivers un-harmed.
Yes spot on with that analysis although say it was more the fault of the other car for turning. Id say 70/30 other car!

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Yes spot on with that analysis although say it was more the fault of the other car for turning. Id say 70/30 other car!

Maybe I am getting old but I never drive through a set of traffic lights at the kind of speed he was doing, just in case someone does turn in front or they change or an emergency vehicle emerges, or a pedestrian crosses the road.

Its 50/50 and Mustang owner be good to admit it because if the police decide to investigate how fast he was going things will probably become a much worse outcome for Mustang driver as the speed was clearly excessive.

He was clearly speeding and driving without due care and attention, that is an instant ban if the Police decide to pursue on it.

Yeah the other guy should not of turned but probably seen the biker stop so assumed it was cleared and then from nowhere a wild pony appears at warp speed.

Always slow down for traffic lights even if they are clearly on green, precaution will keep you safe.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
You just have to look at the difference in approach between the motorcyclist and driver. Biker recognises the potential for danger and slows to a stop. Driver flies through broken lights. It's in the training, or lack of it.

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Or did the bike slowing right down make the other car think he was stopping to let him across?

Mustang should've used a bit more caution but legally speaking I reckon that's 100% on the other car. He was turning across a live lane. Without the traffic lights there it becomes a regular bit of road and he turned right across oncoming traffic when it wasn't clear.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Horrible to see a broken Mustang :(

However.....good of the biker to stop and offer himself as a witness. And cops/doctor/nurse on the scene? If you HAVE to have an accident, that's the sort to have!

Sponsored

Wobs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The police were at the junction, so I would imagine saw the whole incident.

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Driver must be hurting... in more ways than one... as being a LB it can't be more than 5/6 months old!

Mustang's are gonna start getting a reputation like the old XR3/XR3i's had at this rate!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Page 176 of the HWC:
You MUST NOT move forward over the white line when the red light is showing. Only go forward when the traffic lights are green if there is room for you to clear the junction safely or you are taking up a position to turn right. If the traffic lights are not working, treat the situation as you would an unmarked junction and proceed with great care.
Laws RTA 1988 sect 36 & TSRGD regs 10 & 36

Yeah, insurance are going against the Mustang, the grey car was treating the road with caution etc, 100% mustang drivers fault.

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Sorry Manders but you're talking bollocks! :D The bit you've quoted even says so.

How in the hell was the grey car proceeding with caution if he managed to turn right across the path of oncoming traffic which, although could've been going a bit slower, had right of way?

If the Mustang was under the speed limit he's completely in the clear and even if he wasn't, it doesn't alter the fact that the other car crossed a live lane without looking.

If you think that's going to go against the Mustang driver you might want to go take some refresher driving lessons. :p

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Page 176 of the HWC:
You MUST NOT move forward over the white line when the red light is showing. Only go forward when the traffic lights are green if there is room for you to clear the junction safely or you are taking up a position to turn right. If the traffic lights are not working, treat the situation as you would an unmarked junction and proceed with great care.
Laws RTA 1988 sect 36 & TSRGD regs 10 & 36

Yeah, insurance are going against the Mustang, the grey car was treating the road with caution etc, 100% mustang drivers fault.
Not sure I agree with the 100% the Mustangs fault Manders. The other car shouldn't have crossed oncoming traffic without looking. But certainly the Mustang driver was driving without due car and attention. In fact both probably.
Sponsored