Sponsored

Our 2015 Mustang Renders - Give us your feedback!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I think you're right unfortunately.
Curious what most people wanna see... B-pillar or not?
I'd prefer no B-pillar...........but I doubt that will happen.

However, externally I'm sure it will look very thin, with the rear 3/4 window butting right up to the door window. From an engineering point of view, I'm sure keeping the B-pillar is the more cost effective way of ensuring strength in the structure.
Sponsored

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score

However, externally I'm sure it will look very thin, with the rear 3/4 window butting right up to the door window. From an engineering point of view, I'm sure keeping the B-pillar is the more cost effective way of ensuring strength in the structure.
Exactly. One of the things that Fords head engineer said they take pride in is crash safety. The current S197 is rated 5 stars in all 4 categories, and he wants to keep it like that. Which means keeping the B-pillar.

JackHoya

Mustangs in general are "bland." And I mean that as a complement... in the sense that they are not over-stylized like a lot of imports. Also this is the way it should be for a car that so many people modify.

Look at '05 V6 model. Pretty understated if you ask me. Certainly more "bland" than the renders for the '15 Mustang that we've seen. I'd prefer a subdued base design which gives Ford a good launching point for the performance models and refreshes.

attachment.jpg
As far as "over stylized".... the Mustang is not. I would say the SN95 was more so than any other generation. but definitely not the S197. Even the '14 GT keeps the basic look but with a more shapely and "stylized" nose.

BTW, another vote for the blue one. Lack of b-pillars (at least a visible one) is a plus in my book. But it needs a wider stance. The one in the render looks narrower than even current gen.

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
The blue one... meh. it'd make a good V6 model.

The silver one though... DROOLING.

Tempus

Threads
Reaction score
attachment.jpg

This. In a hearbeat.

Screams Mustang while being less retro. One change- with what we *think we know, your artist may need to take off some of the bulk of the hood and give the body a lower CoG.

Sponsored

Nurgleton

Threads
Reaction score
attachment.jpg

This. In a hearbeat.

Screams Mustang while being less retro. One change- with what we *think we know, your artist may need to take off some of the bulk of the hood and give the body a lower CoG.
I agree with this. I also think that some bulk should be taken off the rear quarter panels. It looks great but still quite comparable to the s197.

zerot

This.

Exactly. One of the things that Fords head engineer said they take pride in is crash safety. The current S197 is rated 5 stars in all 4 categories, and he wants to keep it like that. Which means keeping the B-pillar.
And this.

An invisible or "thin" B pillar hiding behind the glass is preferable to none at all. Since these crash/safety regs are only getting stricter and probably aren't much better (worse maybe?) in Europe.... The length of the Mustang roofline makes it impractical to not have one. I know other cars have had to compensate for this with a different roof and chassis structure. Form should always follow function, not other way around.

jimmythepage666

zoom zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sean
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx
I want to see the blue one with a slightly more aggressive front end.

Also I'd like to think this thing will have front brake cooling (plus rear ducts for gt) standard. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a serious brake option for the gt. 6 piston front, 4 in the rear! Big brakes and wheels would be a welcome addition to the render.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Wow, these renders are beautiful. If I didn't know any better, the blue one almost looks like a Ford leak or something, lol. I like them both, I think if the silver one had the more aggressive nose of the blue one and slightly less bulky rear quarter panels it'd be pretty close to what we've been seeing in spy shots. Also, I remember some Ford employees saying that the new car looks like an updated s197 basically, and when I look at the silver car, I can see that. It fits.

StangFX

Dayymm I love that silver one! PLEASE ford give us something like this.

I'm cool with other's suggestions, just shed a few inches off the hood, waist and rear end... and maybe a little more fastback. Just so it looks sportier and less like the current car.

Also noticed the new M6G logo. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
I vote that we make the silver one our new banner. I'm getting tired of seeing that early rendering, which we all know isn't all that close.

FOR U 2 ENVY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 5.0
I noticed in this video that the front appears to be more like a trapezoids.

Boss2013

Threads
Reaction score
Get rid of the Fusionesque grill shape/design. I've owned 20+ Mustangs to-date, and if the production version carries the Evos/Fusion grill treatment, I won't be looking to buy a 6th generation.

Prodigy

I vote that we make the silver one our new banner. I'm getting tired of seeing that early rendering, which we all know isn't all that close.
+1

Get rid of the Fusionesque grill shape/design. I've owned 20+ Mustangs to-date, and if the production version carries the Evos/Fusion grill treatment, I won't be looking to buy a 6th generation.
Meh, people will get over it. Perforamnce rules in my book. If the Fox can sell like hotcakes with THAT design (or lack thereof IMO), a grill aint gonna stop the s550. Plus I actually like the grill. Wouldn't mind higher up on the hood to give it even more of that bluff look.