Sponsored

Other pro's and con's of the Performance Pack?

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
It seems like, on a new car, the PP is a great value. But thinking more long term, I've seen some concerns. Things like the tires that come with the car wearing VERY quickly, no (easy) spare tire capability, expense of changing the pads/rotors compared to the non-Brembos. But you get better stopping, gearing, struts, etc.

I want to get an excellent car and the one that is perfect for me. I just want to make sure, over time, I don't look back and have regrets because I went non-PP or PP either way.

I'd like to know, for those of you with 1yr+ experience with the 15's and from what you've learned, what are the pro's and con's of the PP that I might be missing?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Sponsored

Steve44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
pros
- car feels much more planted to the road
- incredible stopping power
- nice looking wheels (IMHO)

Cons
- terrible fuel economy with the 3:73 gears...I rented a base V8 a few months ago while traveling and was very surprised at the 5 mpg difference I was seeing

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Some members have described the non PP ride as "floaty". If your looking for a overall better performing car and for the price of the PP, it's a no brainier. I can't imagine not having it.

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
pros
- car feels much more planted to the road
- incredible stopping power
- nice looking wheels (IMHO)

Cons
- terrible fuel economy with the 3:73 gears...I rented a base V8 a few months ago while traveling and was very surprised at the 5 mpg difference I was seeing
Fuel economy isn't too terrible. I average around 17.5 city. Highway driving I'm around 26-27

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Pros: better resale value

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
The only con in my book is shopping for wheels is a little more complicated. 18s that fit are few and far between but the list keeps growing. Even some 19s don't fit but it's not very many, I don't think there's any popular brands that have issues.

I agree on the stock wheels, they seem pretty great looks wise. Only reasons I ordered new wheels is to widen up the front,, drop weight, and freshen up the look.

carsontech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I wanted the wheels, brakes, suspension, and torsen rear.

Thought I would save a few bucks to make the base "mine", and do those things by myself.

Well, I don't know what I was thinking, I have 4 kid's 4 years old and younger and have no time to work on anything. So nothing is getting done. Should have just bought the car with everything done already.

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
The PP is a no brainer if you are sold on the manual. No cons to the PP except maybe the M-82.

Sponsored

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Cons-
The Torsen rear won't hold up to drag racing.
You can't get it with the automatic.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Seems like a great value for the $$ to me. Would have ordered it in a hot second if they made it available with the auto trans & 3.55 gears.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Also, PP is more catered to the spirited driving and occasional autox/track day goer. If you do spirited driving and only drag your car, you are probably better off not getting PP unless you want those gauges, then again I think the aftermarket has fixed that now for much less. Drag racing folk shouldn't get PP due to the extra weight and wheel limitations.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I wanted the wheels, brakes, suspension, and torsen rear.

Thought I would save a few bucks to make the base "mine", and do those things by myself.

Well, I don't know what I was thinking, I have 4 kid's 4 years old and younger and have no time to work on anything. So nothing is getting done. Should have just bought the car with everything done already.
4 kids 4 and under! Sounds like you have a performance package! :D