HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Nice, a Syclone. I wonder how many know what that is.
I already said. Its a Sonoma pickup package. :wink: Basically a 4.3 V6 (3/4 of a 5.7 SBC with a liquid intercooler GNX turbo system.

https://www.caranddriver.com/review...ne-vs-ferrari-348ts-archived-comparison-test/

1715871274068-l9.png

Ignore the pic of the bed filled with kegs. The Syclone has a prominent warning sticker declaring maximum load (including passengers) of 500 lbs. I had an acquaintance I couldn't even drive to lunch with a full tank without voiding the warranty. LoL

1715872284342-ig.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
19' GT
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have the most basic stock looking GT. I actually like that because it usually keeps eyes off me, especially cops lol. I don't really get any attention on the road. Also doesn't hurt that I don't block people from passing or in other words go out of my way to be in others way lol. I know the thrill of going fast or just the feeling of having to go places, so I keep out of others way to make the least amount of enemies on the road.

OP
OP
MachNroll

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 Handling Package
If its not responses to your driving it must be the class of people where you drive. 75 YO and can't even recall the last time anything like that happened to me. Closest might be someone following less than 2 seconds behind but obviously just how they drive around anyone.

Sucks but you may have to live with it or move.
You might be onto something. This thought came up the other day talking with a buddy who too has a performance vehicle. Our local community has changed and not necessarily for the better and this could be part of why I have experienced negative behavior on the roads. Plus, as others have said, in essence, I could be driving a Mach 1 or riding on the back of a donkey and someone would get behind me and be an idiot just because that is how that person is wired. I do think, however, that those of us who drive these specialized cars stand out and draws the attention of folks who are already iffy.

But, on a positive note, yesterday I had a guy driving a large garbage truck go absolutely bananas at a red light he was so thrilled with seeing a Mach 1. Thumbs up, cheering. It was hilarious. Guy in a Tesla behind me watching the exchange looked like he just sucked on a lemon tho..... 🤣

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I've had both positive and negative comments. I always seem to remember the negative.
Same here Lorne. Plenty of positive interactions, the negative ones just seem to stick more for whatever reason.

I always get a bit of a chuckle when I pick up my son from baseball practice or after one of their games. There’s always a few of the guys on the team that talk to me about my car (high school kids so they’re all driving or about to be driving). They’re always very respectful about putting their bags down before getting close to the car and seem to have a genuine enthusiasm for not only my car but cars in general. Good to see the youth excited about cars, gives me hope for the next generation of enthusiasts.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Guy in a Tesla behind me watching the exchange looked like he just sucked on a lemon tho..... 🤣
They do always look miserable, especially when a big rumbly V8 pulls up next to them. I did get a wave and thumbs from a lady driving an Audi e-Tron this morning. I’m not sold on EV for a variety of reasons but Audi definitely got the design right for an EV sports car. Looks menacing coming towards you and you’d only know it’s electric by the lack of sound when it passes.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have the most basic stock looking GT. I actually like that because it usually keeps eyes off me, especially cops lol. I don't really get any attention on the road. Also doesn't hurt that I don't block people from passing or in other words go out of my way to be in others way lol. I know the thrill of going fast or just the feeling of having to go places, so I keep out of others way to make the least amount of enemies on the road.
yeah, when I am on the street/public roads my attitude is "stay away from me" I will purposely slow down and go into 'avoidance mode" if I even sniff someone trying to get cute with me. I go to the track a few times a year to get the urge to speed out of my system and if I want to do some aggressive driving I will get out of town on back roads.

2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
19' GT
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
yeah, when I am on the street/public roads my attitude is "stay away from me" I will purposely slow down and go into 'avoidance mode" if I even sniff someone trying to get cute with me. I go to the track a few times a year to get the urge to speed out of my system and if I want to do some aggressive driving I will get out of town on back roads.
Yup, you never know the other driver's skill or whether they're going to take things too seriously lol. Also more likely to catch the wrong kind of attention from the red and blues lol, I'd rather have my fun by myself and away from everyone else like you said!

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I already said. Its a Sonoma pickup package. :wink: Basically a 4.3 V6 (3/4 of a 5.7 SBC with a liquid intercooler GNX turbo system.

https://www.caranddriver.com/review...ne-vs-ferrari-348ts-archived-comparison-test/

1715871274068-l9.png

Ignore the pic of the bed filled with kegs. The Syclone has a prominent warning sticker declaring maximum load (including passengers) of 500 lbs. I had an acquaintance I couldn't even drive to lunch with a full tank without voiding the warranty. LoL

1715872284342-ig.png
Yes, I know about the Syclone, Ford Lightning, SVT Lightning, and the Typhoon. I am surprised if people remember them.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I drive a mustang, very bad in the tree hugger eyes. Next my license plate is all black and says "friends of coal" and "Coal keeps the lights on"

It really triggers some people.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yes, I know about the Syclone, Ford Lightning, SVT Lightning, and the Typhoon. I am surprised if people remember them.
Very much so. There’s a few Syclone’s still around these parts. A couple are in really good shape, a couple not so much. I’m guessing the ones that are beat up and rusted out probably fall in the category of not knowing what they have.

I’ve seen a fair amount of Lightning’s around and there’s also a few Saleen F150’s around. Those are pretty cool trucks and the ones I’ve seen are in like new condition (the Saleen’s, some of the Lightning’s are pretty rusted out).

Sponsored

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
A guy just complimented me on how my Mach1 looked like Eleanor and he was so excited about finally seeing one like that.

M’kay… we clearly did not watch the same movie!

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
A guy just complimented me on how my Mach1 looked like Eleanor and he was so excited about finally seeing one like that.

M’kay… we clearly did not watch the same movie!
He must have had watched the 1974 version, where Eleanor was a 1971 Mustang, not confirmed Mach 1 dressed up as a 1973.

7six2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
Around here it's every V8 truck with a Flowmaster on it, and every diesel with a giant hairdryer exhaust tip. It's as if the volume of their exhaust misleads them into thinking they're fast. They'll tailgate, pass me at warp 10, line up on the highway right next to me and gun it, stomp it from a red light...
I get that all the time while driving my V6 Ecoboost Raptor. The main offenders are actually V8 Tundras and diesel Fords.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Almost bought a used one in 1996 that was in pretty pristine condition on a Chevy lot. I was there to look at the Corvette Gran Sport back in the day. They wouldn’t give me the price I wanted so I ended up buying my ram air Trans Am.
Sponsored