Other drivers and Mustangs

Scylla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
In the short time I’ve had the GT, I’ve observed three distinct classes of other drivers who pay it any attention.

The vast majority are those who smile and give a thumbs-up. People seem to like Mustangs by default.

Then there are children in small hatchbacks who metaphorically snap at my heels like feral dogs on an Indian dirt road, racing up behind and sitting three inches from the rear bumper.

Finally, the clowns in other performance saloons who pull alongside and rev their engines, presumably expecting a similar reaction. I was driving through Newcastle last night when a muppet in an M4 did just that for about 2 miles before he realised I wasn’t biting.

The end.
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Really, an M4 driver? I'm shocked, I thought they were better beha...NOT! Perfectly sums up the BMW driver mentality IMO. I'm not one for a race & can't say I've ever had someone spur me on...

I must admit, it's rare that I get an excited wave/thumbs up - probably don't pay enough attention. I'm in my place of zen when I'm driving usually.

Few rubber necks now & then from the street, passing cars on motorways etc

Maybe this will all change when my exhaust goes on!

OP
OP
Scylla

Scylla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I mainly get thumbs-ups from other Ford drivers. Except those in RS Focuses (Focii)?
They hate Mustangs.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
My 2013 Gottahavitgreen GT was my biggest head turner. I had a MILF chase me down one day, roll down her window and hollered to get my attention. I got excited with sudden visions of grandeur racing through my head... (she was smoking, evil, gorgeous)...needless to say it was a big let down when she said that her son in the back seat would not quit crying until she caught back up with me so he could see the car again.

Never had a car before or since that attracted that much immediate attention. Bikers would even on occasion roll past gesturing their approval and green on a bike is said to be bad luck.

Enjoy it.

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
I notice a lot of people taking pictures of my car when following me in traffic. Might be to do with my plate though. Generally get pretty positve comments/reactions otherwise.

Sponsored

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I live in a small town and have had mixed reactions. My neighbours hate the fact that I drive around in track mode on the active exhaust during the day but have also had a few people come up to me at random and ask to take a look or rev the engine.
I will say that I use good neighbour mode to not piss people off early in the morning

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I notice a lot of people taking pictures of my car when following me in traffic. Might be to do with my plate though. Generally get pretty positve comments/reactions otherwise.
Maybe its because you're cutting them off? LOL!

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
Got to agree with Damien - particularly on the BMWs

I am absolutely sick of the "rev rev - lets race " - seems to happen at least once a day with Beemers (and some Audis) around here - I really just dont need to prove anything to you BMW drivers - really I dont!!

perhaps, one day, you might aspire to something as beautiful as a Mustang and drop the "race me" attitudes! :giggle:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I mainly get thumbs-ups from other Ford drivers. Except those in RS Focuses (Focii)?
They hate Mustangs.
Driver of this Focus loves mine... ;)

20171216_113530.jpg

OP
OP
Scylla

Scylla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I’ve only encountered two RS drivers and they both conformed to my prejudiced expectations :)

In an ideal world I’d love both. I think the RS is fab, but then I’d also really like a Fiesta ST.

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
The reality is that as drivers of Mustangs we attract the idiot drivers of all other marques. I've driven BMWs for 20 years, never raced anyone, or tailgated and used my indicators incessantly, but there are so many of them out there that there are obviously a very high number of tw@ts. Some just fancy having a go at the 5.0; the more knowledgeable know that out of the box we're there for the taking...

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Worst drivers for me are Range Rovers, but could just be that I live in the countryside. Had one a couple of months back right up my ringpiece and overtook me doing 85 on an A road, with little visibility. He then slowed down and irritated me for a couple of miles before I had an opportunity to pass him, which at that point he then accelerated to make my overtake as difficult as possible.
I managed to get past and he again got up my ass before pulling out again to pass me on a sweeping down hill corner. I knew there was a speed camera at the bottom of the corner so sped up and as he passed me he must have realised a ticket was already in the mail as I slowed down and the camera flashed him.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Worst drivers for me are Range Rovers, but could just be that I live in the countryside. Had one a couple of months back right up my ringpiece and overtook me doing 85 on an A road, with little visibility. He then slowed down and irritated me for a couple of miles before I had an opportunity to pass him, which at that point he then accelerated to make my overtake as difficult as possible.
I managed to get past and he again got up my ass before pulling out again to pass me on a sweeping down hill corner. I knew there was a speed camera at the bottom of the corner so sped up and as he passed me he must have realised a ticket was already in the mail as I slowed down and the camera flashed him.
Not near Balmoral by any chance? :wink:

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
Was it a really old guy ... a bit posh.. biggish nose...couple of guys with guns in the back seat?

ian2144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT grabber blue/black roof
Most people I encounter have generally a positive attitude towards the Mustang apart from the occasional spotty teenager in small drain piped hatch backs.
However I passed a black RRS the other day that was dawdling at 35-40 on a clear A road, I was making progress in my Fiat Panda as best you can with a little 1.2 motor. It was not long until said Range Rover was inches off my rear, then passed me slowing down in the process to give me the dirtiest of looks......how dare I for overtaking him in a lowly Panda..
Sponsored