Sponsored

Ordering Performance Package

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
When I go on the Ford website, to "build and price" it is not giving me a Performance Package option
Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
When I go on the Ford website, to "build and price" it is not giving me a Performance Package option
If you're building a V6 there is no PP.

Or the GT with Auto

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
OP
OP

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
OK I now see it. Why does ordering the Performance Package on the ecoboost include deleting the spoiler?

Sponsored

Magnetic15

Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Magnetic
OK I now see it. Why does ordering the Performance Package on the ecoboost include deleting the spoiler?
PP on ecoboost or GT automatically deletes the spoiler it's part of the package. There is also a popular vote among us that this car doesn't need one. I've seen it in person and agree. Hope this helps.

Robinson64

Threads
Reaction score
It's an interesting decision on Ford's part to give the performance package option to the EcoBoost Premium convertible but not the GT Premium convertible. :/

I really like the way the gauge cluster looks on the performance package, but I want the V8 in a convertible. Nothing against the fastback but if you can only drive it for 4 months out of the year it's really nice to be able to put the top down.

I don't really want to go Ecoboost... It's a freaking Mustang after all!

petraman

Now with more MPGs!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf
It's an interesting decision on Ford's part to give the performance package option to the EcoBoost Premium convertible but not the GT Premium convertible. :/
Just more incentive to get a LE... along with the exclusivity factor.

I don't really want to go Ecoboost... It's a freaking Mustang after all!
I'll never understand that mindset.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Because the Performance Pack on the Ecoboost largely just brings it up to GT spec... Unless I'm mistaken, the only differences between the regular GT convertable and the Ecoboost PP covertable are the black wheels, dash gauges, and engine.

eleanor5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MY
If I had to guess, its probably because it would drive the price to $44,100 with PP being your only option selected. I think they want to keep prices down on the dealer lots, either the maximum optioned car or just the global average.

Sponsored

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
I'd sooner say that someone at Ford decided that a convertible buyer isn't the same customer that would buy the PP, since a "serious" performance driver would choose the lighter, stiffer coupe body. There is no precedent for a full-on performance or track package on the convertible; it was not offered on S197 either.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I'd sooner say that someone at Ford decided that a convertible buyer isn't the same customer that would buy the PP, since a "serious" performance driver would choose the lighter, stiffer coupe body. There is no precedent for a full-on performance or track package on the convertible; it was not offered on S197 either.
There's a reason you can't get a 911 GT3 in convertible form.

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
Because the Performance Pack on the Ecoboost largely just brings it up to GT spec... Unless I'm mistaken, the only differences between the regular GT convertable and the Ecoboost PP covertable are the black wheels, dash gauges, and engine.
agree with this, based on the way ford has packaged the options i think we are going to be very impressed with the ecoboost PP/base GT handling. My guess is the upgrades on the GT PP are going to be so significant that the vert wouldnt be able to take advantage of them because of the reduced stiffness. except the brakes of course.
Sponsored