Sponsored

2015 Mustang GT Premium - Performance Package?

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
I am planning to order a 2015 Mustang GT Premium, but I am not sure if I want to spend the $2450 for the performance package. I am not planning to race the car. I am a retired senior and just want a fun muscle car to drive on sunny days, so I am leaning to not ordering the performance package, but interested in other's thoughts.
Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
There are many other threads on here that discuss having or not having the performance package BUT. I personally chose the performance package because I like spirited driving along with better handling, wider and larger tires... well 19x9 front & 19x9.5 in the rear. I did that because I am used to driving an Audi TT which has a fairly stiff suspension. To get all with the performance package is a bargain versus getting the individual parts and having someone install it can be over twice the cost. Having it can also help retain its value. I am definitely not racing this car rather it will be a good weather car for me and at least an up to date one...if you like to drive manuals this would be it but if you are planning on getting an automatic... the performance package is not an option

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You had to go there huh
Couldn't help it... :)

But I'm glad everybody has different tastes... otherwise there would be a ton of cars exactly like mine driving around! :thumbsup:

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Couldn't help it... :)

But I'm glad everybody has different tastes... otherwise there would be a ton of cars exactly like mine driving around! :thumbsup:
Lol.... there are plenty of aftermarket wheels out there already... speaking of that... did you check out tirerack? The mustang is up and live there now with wheels BUT selecting the pp... they have the front rims all wrong at 19x8.5 (error)& rears at 19x9.5(correct) not the greatest selections on there yet though

hunter7389

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT Premium M6 401 PP1, Silver
I passed on the PP. I HATED the black rims on the black car, will never race/track it, and the wife will drive it at times.

I did, however spring for the 20x9" rims and Pirelli P-Zero's :)

stulaw11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I passed on the PP. I HATED the black rims on the black car, will never race/track it, and the wife will drive it at times.

I did, however spring for the 20x9" rims and Pirelli P-Zero's :)

[/URL]
I saw the PP in black in my local dealership and don't like the gloss black wheels either.

I have a vista blue 2009 with charcoal matte wheels and I like them on the case.

Something with the gloss black, they are just too shiny or the black is a slightly different shade. Something is off with them on the black car.
Sponsored