Sponsored

Ordering online

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
Just don't do this to your Mustang when you switch.
image.jpg
Sponsored

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
starkid1987 said:
Whenever I've bought a car (3 civics) I just buy what they have on the lot and have never ordered anything special or via the website.
That's perfectly fine if the dealer has in stock what you wanted anyway. But for an American-made car why not trade a little patience for getting exactly what you want?

In my case I want a very well equipped GT Premium convertible, with a manual transmission. It's almost impossible to find a GT Premium vert with a manual transmission in dealer stock since most people want automatics. Plus there's just something that strokes the ego to see SPECIAL ORDER on the window sticker and know that with my choice of options it could be the only one like it.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I had to order as the dealer stock was horrible, but I think this will be my last order haha, my dealer is completely clueless on what they are doing.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I find you can't really haggle on the price though when ordering it custom. Probably why I'd rather buy it from the lot. Just me i guess. :headbonk:
I did all my haggling online. Only went to dealer to document the deal we already made online.

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
I had to order as the dealer stock was horrible, but I think this will be my last order haha, my dealer is completely clueless on what they are doing.
That's been my experience as well, at least on the dealer stock aspect.

Every single Ecoboost Premium with PP within a few hundred miles of me is an auto. The few 6MT PPs we have around here are base models. Then if by some chance I find a 6MT Premium with PP it is ordered with a stupid option, like the reverse sensors and not the voice activated navigation.

I won't settle on my options, but I was open to color changes. But at this point my ordered car is less than 2 weeks away, so I can wait a bit longer.
Sponsored